LegacyGT.com

Article: How to clean your exhaust tips!

original link goes to a site that is no longer available. removing

No comments on how cheaply the website is please. I graduated with a web design degree well over a year ago, but I honestly haven't touched Photoshop since then unless it was to resize a picture, and I'm trying to remeber how to do this sort of thing slowly, so I can redo my site and create a few other sites that I need to. . .

Enjoy!

David

• 2 months later...
u know what else works really well? stainless steel appliance cleaner. that stuff will polish them tips up really really good. that and a paper towel=shiny tips. I guess the method mentioned in that link is for when you havent ever cleaned your tips.:)

I use Klasse All In One and Invisible Glass. :) The AIO gets that black soot in the middle of the tip really well and the Invisible Glass cleans up everything else. I'm sure there are other cleaners that work well too, but if you are just maintaining your tips then this works well. If you have neglected them and have to restore the tips, then I would go for something a little more agressive.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Haha... no that's not my car. In any case just clean one of those tips per day. After you're done with the last one, start on the first one because it'll probably be quite dirty by then :lol:

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

BAR KEEPER'S FRIEND

http://barkeepersfriend.com/gresources/newbkf.jpg

www.barkeepersfriend.com

This product is designed to clean many surfaces (fiberglass, metal, ceramic, etc) but do not use on paint. It is a caustic and will eat right through paint. It is perfect for polished metal surfaces. You can find it at your local Walmart or supermarket. I have used it for 10 years with no problems. Make sure you use it at the end of a car wash so you don't get it on your hands and then on the paint.

I would never recommend using steel wool to clean exhaust tips. It only dulls the finish and removes the top layer of protection.

• 2 years later...

Wow this works excellent. I took both my mufflers off and spent about 30 min cleaning them and they look brand new again.

Before

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/dfalk/HPIM0545.jpg

After

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/dfalk/HPIM0548.jpg

Question: is this safe with XO2 racing tips? and if i just used windex and a towel, would i get similar results?

nahhh man heres how i did it:

I used some Noxtons chrome/aluminum polish on the chrome tips and the mufflers. Just use that and a terry towel. You have to get all of the grime off first. Then you can use the glass cleaner to bring out the shine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser also works wonders on things like this...

Try it for stubborn brake dust too...

It irks me when people overlook things like exhaust tips & the underside of their cars after they clean them... They ARE noticeable.

Archived