LegacyGT.com

2000 Subaru Legacy GT.... Potential first Subaru!

MCObray

Hello all. I live in Oregon, and a 4x4/AWD vehicle is essential as I routinely cross the Cascade Mountains for snow, leisure, or just peer fun. I'm not new to forums, but new to Subaru's. For that reason, I thought it would best to enlist the regulars' help on this rookies' journey. Here is what I am deciding on, let me know what you guys think.

Original CL ad:

2000 Subaru Legacy GT LTD AWD for sale. $5100.

Good, reliable car. Good exterior condition, excellent interior. 154,000 miles.

New tires 10,000 miles ago.

New brakes 5,000 miles ago.

New head gasket 400 miles ago.

Viewing the vehicle:

Exterior:This vehicle has been used, and parts of it show that. Misc. rock chips in the front, as well as scratches on the back bumper. Starboard and Port (... Im a boat-a-holic) side are both clean and free of dings. It's in ok shape.

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx153/MasonCOH/photo-3_zps73221d9f.jpg

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx153/MasonCOH/photo-4_zps7d4e66ec.jpg

Interior: I've never been in a used car with such nice exterior. The interior is black leather and there is little-to-no wear, and absolute no rips. All electronic functions work and carpet is clean as well.

Mechanically: The owner has records/receipts for mechanically work that has been done, +1. She said the transmission was replaced at 90,xxx miles, but was still under warranty so work was done at dealer. Head Gasket done last month, new tires, new brakes, etc.

I'm getting a good 'feel' for the vehicle, aside from the exterior blemishes but i'm trying to overlook that. I'm on a tight budget, being a broke college student. With that said, for $5100 is this a good deal? Obviously my plain is to offer $4500 and for her to counter to $4800 and be done with it, but just thought I would see if this is a fair price considering the vehicles mechanical, interior, and exterior shape. Any advice is much appreciated. Fire away!

just make sure she has paperwork for the headgasket/timing belt (timing belt maint should include water pump, tensioner etc.) and btw if the negotiating works out as you have said, when she counters at 4800 dont settle there, counter her back with 4650 you get the idea.

just make sure she has paperwork for the headgasket/timing belt (timing belt maint should include water pump, tensioner etc.) and btw if the negotiating works out as you have said, when she counters at 4800 dont settle there, counter her back with 4650 you get the idea.

Hey, thanks for the info. I ended up checking up out another Subaru, which was a Legacy Outback, and ended up purchasing it. It's a '97, 99k miles, and all major maintenance (timing belt, head gaskets, wheel bearings, etc.) done within the last year at a reputable, certified Subaru dealership in Portland, OR.

Archived