LegacyGT.com

First post, new 98 LGT Wagon owner

Long time Subaru owner. Mostly Imprezas and Foresters (about 10 total) but this is my first LGT. I have been shopping for a nice wagon for awhile and stumbled upon this very clean, 80k mile, all original, LGT 5spd. It's a rust free southern car that is crazy clean. It has all the things you wanna see when buying a used car. Service records, new matching tires, nice bosch icon wipers, clean smell free interior.

Anyway, I have lots of plans mostly in the suspension and handling dept. I won't spoil it for you so stay tuned for more pics as she progresses.

http://i45.tinypic.com/219dw1t.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/mhpowh.jpg

Smooth car. Great miles and condition looks fantastic. Exploring more of the Subaru world or retiring the impreza/forester days? Keep us posted on updates.

Did the turbo thing for awhile (FXT,'s Sti, and several WRX's) then I got into rallyx and ran various 2.5 RS models for nearly a decade. Now I'm doing the family thing and I need the space and I didn't want to spend alot of money. Recycling lots of my suspension/handling/braking parts and putting into this project with an emphasis on suble style, handling, and reliability.

Shazaaam!

http://i49.tinypic.com/23jr9n6.jpg

I really like this look. Excuse how dirty it is. Ding removal, clay, buff, and wax is coming up.

Unfortunately, there is trouble in paradise. The 235/45/17 Nitto NT555 tires are just barely rubbing the lower spring perch on the stock LGT struts. I haven't decided what to do yet but since I'm switching suspensions anyway, I figured I would get the suspension on the car and check again. Here is the suspension I have waiting to go on.

Tokico D specs struts (02-07 Impreza)

Sti springs

Whiteline Comp C front top hats (these add negative camber and more caster)

Group N rear top hats

crash bolts in the rear for negative camber

From what I can find online, the lower spring perch on the LGT and the 02-07 Impreza are roughly the same. The D specs could be slightly different so I won't know until I install.

I figure worst case is wheel spacers or new tires (225/45/17) but I will be patient and figure it out.

Why do you need such wide tires? I only have 215's and they're plenty wide on my 18x8 Weds. 235 is definitely overkill, even if the car was over 300 hp IMO. Definitely like the look of the rims on the car though.

Why do you need such wide tires? I only have 215's and they're plenty wide on my 18x8 Weds. 235 is definitely overkill, even if the car was over 300 hp IMO. Definitely like the look of the rims on the car though.

Like I said previously, I'm recycling parts from my previous subarus and in this case, the 235/45/17 tires were already on the Sti wheels. They were used for autocross in a street tire class on an Sti.

Archived