LegacyGT.com

Ooooops!

snowflake

So tonight heading to the store i was driving down 5600 west, when someone decided to merge into my lane i swerved left right as a median was coming up.

My driver side drove up and off of the median landing hard on the front wheel, all i could hear is my front tire rubbing and smoke was pouring from my wheel well, and my steering wheel is crooked about 90°

I got it home jacked it up pulled the wheel off, tire is toast, start looking to see what is broken and all i can see is that the base of my strut is bent in towards the engine bay, hopefully this is all the damage but i wont know for sure until tomorrow morning..

Im wondering if anyone has a stock strut in good condition i could buy off of them, if not ill have to try orieley. Please let me know if you have anything, and if maybe you would like to come by and see if you can see any further damage that i cannot see....here are the only pics i got in the dark...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1353723366487.thumb.jpg.a9fefacd9cd1aaf660aa85a6eaf26680.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1353723379808.thumb.jpg.6a768ac4824cdebba728e24d2c66e4b4.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1353723389584.thumb.jpg.4b312e07de05bdc790770ea89b00efeb.jpg

I have no idea what a used set goes for. And I'm not sure wagon rears are the same as sedan???

I want dibs on them in the spring once you get coils. For some reason I'm afraid to not have some sort of backup if my BC coils go down. Send me a PM with an offer for what you think they're worth.

Its all back together and drives smooth, i dont hear or feel anything out of the ordinary other then the difference with my spare tire on.. alignment wise, my steering wheel is straight again, and it pulls slightly to the right, which it has done that since i installed my lowering springs..so coming spring ill be purchasing wheels, coils, new front and rear sways, end links, and hopefully control arms....i am considering myself lucky that there was not more damage then there could have been...for now anyways..

I am shocked as well, i feel i am very lucky! As soon as i get all of my future suspension pieces i will install them and take it straight to the shop for an alignment!

The kicker is when i pulled off the road to see how bad the damage is, the driver kept driving passed. She didnt stop, turn around or anything.there is no way she didnt see me airborn!

From what i can tell its centered, that was one of the first things i really examined after putting it all together..in the last snow storm we had, a buddy of mine was drifting a parking lot in his 98 wrx swapped rs, and jumped a curb. which ripped his wheel towards the back of the car about 4 inches and he had to total out the car.. i feared this same thing would happen to me but everything looks centered right back up

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/scyler_01/6_original_median.jpgthe median I hit looked similar to this one, I hit the ramp side at the same time i was trying to put my car back into my lane so I hit the "ramp" at an angle. the median is about 6 inches tall and i would estimate at the speed i was going and the distance my landing mark is from median impact i would say my driver side launched another 2-4 inches high.. keeping my speed while landing and my suspension doing what its supposed to do it seems I landed my driver side wheels fairly flat on the ground.. but it was hard enough impact to bend the base of the strut at full compression and pinch the actual shock to stop it from re-expanding... I guess in my case I got lucky that the impact of the median was identical to hitting a ramp and not a straight on 6" flat faced curb..

oh and also the median i hit has a sign in the middle where the up slop flattens out I missed it by maybe 1/2 inch according to my tire marks

Archived