LegacyGT.com

Front Lip Spoiler Thread

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been putting a light wipe of Meguire's tire dressing on mine every other wash. It is nice and black and the finish is consistent.

Shit, my car got washed today and the lip is all white from the salt dripping down it from the excess water. Thats a good idea, but I'll have to try that in a few months once all the salt is gone.

At first I would have tendend towards the bigger JDM lip, Subaru product code E2410AJ000NN (Euro 341,- unpainted :eek:). In our brochures it's always shown colour-matched to the car, and so far I never saw one, neither physically nor installed.

After seeing the fotos of the 2 lip types installed, I definitely like the smaller lip.

The bigger one really needs the colour match to be "digestable", black plastic on a lighter-coloured car is a NO-NO IMHO.

Had mine properly painted for $275.

After hearing all your paint job would cost out there, I'm really glad paint job here is really cheap :) I had my rear diffuser painted for only $50 including installation. I think the front lip paint job should be even more cheaper.

It has a paint od some sort on it, i slid into a curb after it snowed and now the paint is peeling off. Just a warning to you guys:thumbup:

Tc Davis

I looked at mine real closely and I don't think it's paint. I think its the lay-up layers of polyurethane. The cold you have there might be doing something weird to it causing it to delaminate where the curb rash happened.

Found a guy through our local subie forum who is going to paint it and fix a few minor cosmetic thigns from when i was swippped in a parking garage a month back for 220$.

Id rather give him the money rather than some shop

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, man, that sucks.:mad:

I almost hit some metal shit bouncing around on the highway last week. Luckily I had just enough time to swerve and miss it. Was very pleased at how confidence inspiring the Subie was to do that and have total control at highway speeds.