LegacyGT.com

Official Interest In COBB Flex-Fuel for the Legacy GT Platform - Please speak up

cryo

(more threadjacking)

NSFW: yeah, my company actually has a branch in Portland - that move would be quite easy. However, my wife's CA credential doesn't transfer easily, and if we move, she's made it clear she's retiring. If I did transfer to Portland, they have a salary adjustment for "cost of living", so we'd lose half our income (my reduction, my wife retiring). I have a feeling it's easier to live in the Bay Area for 2X vs 1X in Portland (depending on X, of course). Plus, the weather's pretty dang nice around here, etc. Since I started working from home most days, I don't run into traffic much either (it's generally possible to plan around it). The only thing that really bothers me is CARB and the "cars are evil" attitude from some officials. I love cars, so it's hard, but I guess I can manage.. There are 2 tracks within 2 hours, and a 3rd about 3.5 hours away, so I can't complain too much - I've already let the wife know I will be doing some track events in the next 12 months or so..

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pre-09 cars basically just get a CEL & OBD2 function check. They ask the ECU if everything is OK. For any car with a decent tune, the ECU reports that everything is OK. :)

NY seems to be the same way. My early OBD2 honda (stock engine with boltons) seems to get a lot more scrutiny than my subaru does. Both are just largely a "does the horn work, do the lights work, is the CEL off with all but 1-2 ready monitors not set? That'll be $21, here's your sticker"

I have never been pulled over in mine in NY and most shops could care less about a cat unless it has a check engine.

NY seems to be the same way. My early OBD2 honda (stock engine with boltons) seems to get a lot more scrutiny than my subaru does. Both are just largely a "does the horn work, do the lights work, is the CEL off with all but 1-2 ready monitors not set? That'll be $21, here's your sticker"

Plenty of software jobs up here in WA too. And OR, from what I hear.

I'm told that our emissions rules are the same as CA, but I honestly have no idea because enforcement is on the honor system for most of the state, and the counties that do every-two-years testing don't test very hard and don't test 09-and-later cars at all.

Pre-09 cars basically just get a CEL & OBD2 function check. They ask the ECU if everything is OK. For any car with a decent tune, the ECU reports that everything is OK. :)

They will use the sniffer if they can't connect to your ECU, which almost never happens... And when Tracer-X (former member here) got sniffer tested, his Stage 2 sedan passed. Catted downpipe though. I suspect that a catless car would not pass that test. But I haven't had a single sniffer test in the 20 years since I sold my carbureted VW bug.

Must be nice! All I know it's nazi CARB. My wife has her own business and I'm seriously considering getting her a business license in Arizona, and registering our cars under her business. We'll see though since I haven't really actively research it.

• 3 weeks later...
I really wish Cobb would give an update, good or bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might want to talk with Mike or Brian at Tuning Alliance, they may have news about this...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Subbed. Hoping to hear that this could be made to work on the 5th gen....

You may want to contact TA and get on the list. Not sure they will always update this thread.

Either way they are someone your going to want to build a relationship with.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Currently Bill (Delicious Tunings owner) has no current plans for the 5th gen LGT. We would need a car to test with. The market is very small for the 5th gen. But, if we had a car to test with, it would probably become a reality as the hardware is already in hand. It would be about a mounting bracket, fuel lines and tuning.

Still no updates on this front but I'm still providing feedback to them when ever possible. Once we see the release for the 04-07 STI that will be a step in the right direction.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Still no updates on this front but I'm still providing feedback to them when ever possible. Once we see the release for the 04-07 STI that will be a step in the right direction.

Dave

Do they have a release date for the 04-07 STI yet?

Actually at this point we could start a list but this will only be for visual reference. Emails to them directly are what really hits the triggers *obviously not the same person once a week but enough to show interest*

Keep in mind that most times only about half the people at best who say they are interested actually purchase the kits. I will do my best to update the list on the first page but go ahead and copy and paste the list and add your name in your post to keep the first page and most current page updated.

Dave

1. Tocinoman/2008 Legacy GT/ 5 speed

Edited by cryo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.