LegacyGT.com

Daniel Stern Lighting and Subaru headlight options

f1anatic

Doubtful. I believe the shape is engineered to allow the light to reflect back into itself to create more and brighter light, thus also more heat. You may have been taken for a ride.

I ordered them from the same place - candlepower.com. It said 9011 on the base, though I noticed it was a white plastic, not the usual black plastic.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old Toshiba 9011 were a spherically-shaped bulb but they aren't manufactured anymore. The Philips 9011 don't have the spherical glass so they look like a normal 9005 bulb however they are still an HIR bulb.

From Candlepower/Daniel Stern:

"PLEASE NOTE: The Toshiba 9011 (HIR1) lamps are no longer manufactured, nor are they available in large quantities.

Philips has been making the 9012 (HIR2) type for several years and have only recently began the 9011 type. Be wary of cheaper "Knock-off" lamps. These GENUINE Philips 9011 is a direct replacement for vehicles and trucks which were designed for this type. Additionally, this bulb can replace the 9005 and HB3 for special service applications."

That explains it, the new ones are Philips, the old ones were made by Toshiba. Can't compare the headlights of a Camry and an Outback, but both were way brighter than the bulbs they replaced. Pretty sure both cars still had the original bulbs.

Also bought Philips Extreme power for my brother's Scion xB and my brother-in-law's Camry. Both were a good upgrade from the original bulbs.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I bought bulbs from Candlepower for my low beams a few years ago. One of them just died. It is snowing out and it is nighttime, so I don't feel like pulling bulbs. Can anyone tell me what I would have ordered for my 2007 Spec B? Oh. Found my order. Seems I got the Osram H7 65W Ultra high output.

Is that still the state of the art for these cars, outside of HID?

Edited by rs6er

I bought bulbs from Candlepower for my low beams a few years ago. One of them just died. It is snowing out and it is nighttime, so I don't feel like pulling bulbs. Can anyone tell me what I would have ordered for my 2007 Spec B? Oh. Found my order. Seems I got the Osram H7 65W Ultra high output.

Is that still the state of the art for these cars, outside of HID?

Exactly what I installed a few months ago. Love them!

• 6 months later...
I don't know why but this thread confuses me.

I want:

H3 fogs

H7 Low

9011 hi

Is that correct?

I have a 2005 LGT Wagon

Yes, look on the first page. There are different options, depends on what you prefer.

I had the Osram Rallye H7 bulbs, lasted about 2.5 years. Replaced them with Philips Extreme. Both are a good option and brighter than stock. The Philips are whiter.

http://store.candlepower.com/bfcopotphxtp.html

• 1 month later...
Yes, look on the first page. There are different options, depends on what you prefer.

I had the Osram Rallye H7 bulbs, lasted about 2.5 years. Replaced them with Philips Extreme. Both are a good option and brighter than stock. The Philips are whiter.

http://store.candlepower.com/bfcopotphxtp.html

Whiter means nothing. As stated before, it's all about the lumens.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

First off sorry to beat the horse..

but after trying to go threw all the papges here and reading the drama ect.. ( maybe we need to clean this up?)

i belive i am either upgrading to the options suggested below

Low beams

Standard H7: 55w, 1400 lumens, 500 hours

H7 ultra "Plus+50": 55w, 1550 lumens, 225 hours, $17.50/ea

H7 rallye+65: 65w, 2100 lumens, 500 hours, $26.40/ea <--Obvious choice!

High beams

stock: 9005, 12.8V, 65W, 1700 lumens, 320 hours

new: HIR1, 12.8V, 65W, 2530 lumens, 320 hours

or what are the resto fit bulbs sounds like i could run a

H9 -11 in the highbeam spot with some triming of the bulb lock

and same with the lowbeam ? (correction) i would run a H7 in low

whats the skinny on this i keep finding so many diffrent opinions

Edited by reallyrottens
correction