LegacyGT.com

Right pull after new tire installation, alignment

MJ in PA

So, I had a new set of Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires installed to replace the old set of the same type of tires, and also got talked into an alignment even though I probably didn't really need one. Anyway, the car (which used to track perfectly) hasn't felt right since. I had the alignment re-done with minimal improvement. I'd say it tracks straight in the left lane on the highway when there's a slight leftward slope, but on level or slightly right sloped pavement I feel like I'm always fighting a right pull. Anyway, I'm thinking bad tire is a possibility, but my right front camber is also showing borderline. The alignment dude said I didn't need to worry about it, but what do you think? I was going to rotate the tires as a first step to see if it might point to radial pull from a bad tire, but with this camber reading should I be looking at something else?

scan0011.thumb.jpg.dcd33bf78009fa0f34cee772e9e784c5.jpg

Find out more about the "rear link assembly" is that a trailing arm or bushings, or sway bar end link ?

Check out the suspension pictures in the "opposed forces" sticky at the top of the very first forum here.

That might help you understand what they are talking about.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, apparently I don't really need to replace that necessarily, it would just be their first guess so it'd be a $600 shot in the dark. All I know is my car tracked perfectly before I had the new tires installed and now it just doesn't feel right. :mad:

Archived