LegacyGT.com

Lets start some meets for SoCal!

For the biggest regional forum on here it sure feels like we should have more meets than we do. I hit up the Malibu canyons just about every Sunday morning, it'd be great to get some people together for a weekly meet and greet/cruise. So if you're interested, here are the deets i'm proposing:

When: Sunday June 17th @ 9:30am, rolling out 10:30am

Where: Coffee Bean on Cross Creek Rd in Malibu (a few mi south of Pepperdine), lots of parking in the lot.

What: Meet and greet followed by a drive up by the rock store on any number of routes (Malibu cyn, las flores, latigo, decker, encinal, mullholland, portrero) TBD by the group the morning of, a couple hours total.

Pace: Always drive your own pace! The train stops and waits for the last driver at each turnoff onto another road. NO racing, NO F1 following distances. Speed limits on major roads and higways observed. I used to lead group moto rides and always stress safety as the number one priority. It's hard to have fun when someone is in a ditch!

Lunch/rendezvous @ 12:30pm at the Rock Store on mullholland hwy (2nd meet up point for those who want to hang out more than drive )

So post up here if this is something that interests you. If you can't make this weekend, post anyway, as I'd like to make this a weekly or bi-weekly drive.

Hope to see you out there,

Benn

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very little to on interest in driving my monster slow in traffic (even if the traffic is LGT's) or trying to talk my preggers wife into driving her OBXT in the mountains. Only really interested in static meets for the next 9 months. Sounds like a great opportunity for photo ops and a lot of fun tho'. Definately organize a drive but consider throwing something together static or having an overlong stay at the rockshop for us non-cruisers...

The stops at coffee bean and the rock store are typical hangout spots, the driving is anything but slow and certainly not sitting in traffic.....consider it half driving, half chilling for coffee at coffee bean and bbq at the rock store. We would be meeting at 930 but not rolling out until 1030. Then 30-60min of canyon driving, then another stop at the rock store for lunch. From there people can either hang out at the rock store or others can continue on after stopping. This wouldn't be a rigid thing, more flexible depending on what the group wants to do that morning.

But we can't do anything unless people show up in the first place so show your LA LGT pride and come meet your fellow forum members!

Oh im into going to meets! Its the needy-feeling preggers wife that wants to spend time with me who would not enjoy the cyn driving. Im into sprited 5-6/10th driving as a group (particularly since any faster is dangerous in a group). I'm definately going to S3 later this month. Im down to go to the track pretty much anytime you want too.

It would be easy enough for me to talk to wife into going to the rock store for lunch in the OBXT if we meet you there!

Lol Max you sound super stoked about the wifey lately :lol:!

A meet and greet at the rock store sounds like a great idea, they've got good burgers and brew. As much as I'd love getting back on the track, I have a feeling my 'wifey' would murder me since I swore I was done with that habit (girls and speed don't seem to mix, do they?). How about we make the rock store a 1230p meet up point for those that want to skip the driving in the morning?

Lol Max you sound super stoked about the wifey lately :lol:!

She looks like she ate my soccer ball.:dm: For real tho', all you newly married men... When you knock up your wife for f***sake immediately STOP EATING THE LAST OF ANYTHING IN THE HOUSE. Just trust me on this.

Either I will be able to come for the drive solo or I will let you know what time I can make the Rock Shop. Already have a Sunday AM appointment so may not be able to make it till 1pm. Will let you know. If I have to push to 1pm and you push the meet, I WILL SHOW UP.

Will let you know one way or other tomorrow.

Inconsistancy is why there are no meets in soCal.:soap_box:

I was just logging on to post I had worked out this Sunday at with the wife and read that the date has been changed.

Im not coming to a meet the weekend before S3 as I will likely be prepping my car.

Im NOT mad and still available for lunch Sunday. Would prefer a much more centrally located, easily accessable location that will not make the wife violently ill driving there. Portos bakery in Pasadena (or universal city) could be fun for everyone and anyone.

Good thinking. I had forgotten that I can take the 101 to Kanan down. Not a "bad" road compared to Mullholland.

South Bay would actually be my #1 choice for a venue. Nice weather (not hot like the valley), GIANT parking lots, LOTS of good places to eat, TONS of freeway access... Yup. Meet after this one has gotta be in your neck of the woods.

I guess the question now is... IS ANYONE INTERESTED IN MEETING UP THIS WEEKEND other than me and TheOneDoubleN? If not, NN we can meet up in So.Bay for some lunch this Sunday (with the ball and chain and the OBXT).

There are so many good places to eat in South Bay but to keep in central between us...

Ive been DIEING to go eat at MAXIMILIANO.

Its a casual trattoria in the middle of L.A.'s holy trinity of cool (Echo Park/Silverlake/Highland Park). The chef also runs OINKSTER which is a to-die for pulled pork sandwich place with hand cut fries and home made veggie burgers that are actually good :lol: Thin crust pizzas, rissoti, sauteed mushrooms, pork chops, pan seared chicken, fingerling garlic potatos, spumoni, ricotta cheesecake, etc... MMMMmmmm.

Its at 5930 York Blvd. I can be there Sunday at 12:30pm

Appetizers $4-9

Entrees $11-17

Desserts $2-5

Very reasonably priced

Alternately, if you want to have a lot of fun, meet some INCREDIBLE farmers (I actually know the people who grow and slaughter my food) and eat some amazing food we can do ATWATER FARMERS MARKET at 10am. If you come to Atwater, I can afford to treat you guys to brunch there. Its at Glendale Blvd and the 5 freeway just north of the 5/110 interchange.

Did I mention how hot the girls are at farmers market? They all come very lightly clothed.

Archived