LegacyGT.com

3.0 swap in LGT

So, I'm a bit confused. :confused: I was watching Youtube and I came across the 3.0R Spec B. Also, the Subaru Liberty with the 3.0 H6. Is this only in other countries such as Australia?

If there was a way to get an H6, would one be able to swap it into the LGT? The car sounds amazing, and I'm sure the torque is amazing.

the torque is actually not that great - not in terms of numbers.

i was actually told this straight from a subaru salesman

And we all know salesmen know everything:rolleyes:

Just teasing, but seriously - I don't understand what the OP's point. OP and I live in Cali, why look for something ELSE when a 3.0r and 3.6r exist. Just to be different? Not a flame. OP whats the appeal?

As far as I know there are regular 3.0R Legacys but there aren't any 3.0 Spec. Bs. All of the 3.0Rs that you can buy stateside are 5 speed automatics, and I don't think they're any harder to find than a normal LGT (at least in my case when I was searching for a Legacy).

Personally, I think it would be awesome if someone who had a 2.5GT Spec. B with a ruined engine decided to swap in a 3.0 H6 somehow. Cost would be the prohibiting factor, but still pretty awesome nonetheless.

They've had the 3.0L H6 in the Legacy just about everywhere else in the world for a few years now.

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/sedans/0501_subaru_legacy_spec_b/index.html

IIRC first year it was in the Outback in the US was 2002. It finally occurred to SOA in 2008 -"hey maybe we should put the 3.0L H6 in the Legacy too." Limited has Bilsteins even though it's not called Spec B. But we still can't get it with the 6MT.

What I still want to know is say if you have a 2.5GT and turbo shrapnel kills your engine, how much would it be to swap in a 3.0L H6 vs. rebuilding the turbo engine?

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

I still want to know is say if you have a 2.5GT and turbo shrapnel kills your engine, how much would it be to swap in a 3.0L H6 vs. rebuilding the turbo engine?

It will definately cost more to swap a 3.0 vs the turbo engine. Shortblock + used low mileage vf46. The only way I could even imagine doing this would be to build a H6 turbo from the ground up with a MT tranny. Sounds like a money pit of a project to me. Why replace a tuneable turbo with a n/a?

If someone has a boner to make a 5/6MT 3.0R it makes more sense to find a way to swap in the tranny than it does to make a GT into a n/a

Thanks LosAngelesGT, I'll definitely look into that. I still have much researching to do about Subaru, though I know quite a bit about them. It just gets confusing when some regions of the world have different configured cars than us :spin:.

And ya, it is an awesome setup. From what I've heard, those things sound better than Infinity's and could possibly sound like some Porsche's, with some tuning of course :wub:.

Archived