LegacyGT.com

Vent Boost Gauge (Digital Led Bars & numerics)

lossol

Speaking of swinging when off gas. I have noticed that my LC-1 (now working accurately after the display swap by the way) only goes to 19.7 when off throttle. The Cobb AP shows 20.5 with the stock O2.

Friend of mine shows 21 off throttle with the zietronics.

Its only off like this when you are off throttle. Otherwise it reads exactly the same as the AP.

Any ideas?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also I updated mine today to 1.05b6 and the update worked flawless.

I sort of tested one of the fixes and it seem that the item 14 could still be backwards.

Ill double check it tomorrow but still seems like low is fast and high is slow.

Also its worded a bit different but could be the same as ver 1.05b5...

The manual says item 14 is UPDATE RATE

The guage says item 14 is AFR/VAC FILTER

Rate on this item makes more sense to me.

On item number 1 boost filtering do you generally want high filtering or low/med?

just purchased my kit!

I can't get the programmer to save my set-up after I hit program (using the LMconfig program). The AFR reads correct on the gauge while my laptop is still connected. If I key off ignig, unplug my laptop and plug the LC-1 back into the aux port, gauge reverts back to 10.1AFR and doesn't save my programming!!!!! :spin:

Other than hitting program button and waiting, is there a prompt for when programming is complete that I am missing???

Are you guys using the LM config menu to program the LC-1 or the LMprogrammer software from this guys site?

The VBG1 install instructions give you step by step instructions for the LC1, even pictures of the program you use on page 7. In the picture it shows using LMprogrammer software from Innovate. I downloaded the latest software from Innovate and used that version with the innovate serial cable and a USB to serial adapter since my laptop does not have a serial port. I posted about the adapter in a previous post in this thread.

I followed Andy's instructions to a T and have had no problems. I also used the instructions from the LC-1 install sheets on how to calibrate etc.

Andy uses a similar type program and a USB to 1/4 or 1/8th headphone jack to update firmware on his VBG1 but the two are not related.

Did you use the software from innovate for the LC-1 and follow page 7 instructions?

Edited by Scooby2.5

I sort of tested one of the fixes and it seem that the item 14 could still be backwards. Ill double check it tomorrow but still seems like low is fast and high is slow.

Also its worded a bit different but could be the same as ver 1.05b5...

The manual says item 14 is UPDATE RATE

The guage says item 14 is AFR/VAC FILTER

Correct about " seems like low is fast and high is slow" because I changed the title only. I haven't updated the manual but will do that soon.

It terms of boost filter, I leave mine on Low (meaning low filter - faster updates, less averaging) This will be the truest representation of boost pressure, others who prefer more filtering select higher options.

I'm sorry I can't offer much help for LC-1 Programming, I don't own one of those units.

VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com

once you hit program are you done? Or do I have to wait for a prompt that programming is done?

I'm using a usb to serial adapter and the LMconfig329 file from the LW3 Cd that came in the box.

Anybody running an Innovate LC-1 AF/r gauge know how to finalize programming? Once you hit program, what is the next step? How do I go about disconnecting the computer from the LC1 port, in what steps so my programming will actually save? While my laptop is connected to the gtboostgauge the afr readout is accurate and shows correct programming. Once I power down the car and disconnect the laptop and connect the Lc1 to the display it reverts back to un programmed afr readouts.

help!

Correct about " seems like low is fast and high is slow" because I changed the title only. I haven't updated the manual but will do that soon.

It terms of boost filter, I leave mine on Low (meaning low filter - faster updates, less averaging) This will be the truest representation of boost pressure, others who prefer more filtering select higher options.

I'm sorry I can't offer much help for LC-1 Programming, I don't own one of those units.

So for item 14 leave it on low so you get faster refresh of the AFR?

Same with Boost?

Anybody running an Innovate LC-1 AF/r gauge know how to finalize programming? Once you hit program, what is the next step? How do I go about disconnecting the computer from the LC1 port, in what steps so my programming will actually save? While my laptop is connected to the gtboostgauge the afr readout is accurate and shows correct programming. Once I power down the car and disconnect the laptop and connect the Lc1 to the display it reverts back to un programmed afr readouts.

help!

PM sent

So for item 14 leave it on low so you get faster refresh of the AFR?

Same with Boost?

Yes - Low will yield faster refresh. ( less averaging)

Originally Posted by dj-phoenixx

Hi, any updates for the left center vent?

I'd be interested in this as well. I don't know if this is in the works, but I'd love to have the ability to mount this closer to center.

Actually a new display unit is in the works. I will be posting new info as I get closer to finalization of the design.

VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com

Yes - Low will yield faster refresh. ( less averaging)

Actually a new display unit is in the works. I will be posting new info as I get closer to finalization of the design.

I currently have the newest version but would love to have mine in the center left vent near the cubby as I already have the factory gauges in that area.

One suggestion would be to have a longer ribbon cable with the left of center vent gauge so we could leave our vacume tubing and sending unit in the fuse area and just get a display and longer ribbon cable to run over to the new area.

Looking forward to see what you come up with and I'd gladly be a beta tester again. :)

I have to say again as well this item you have built from the ground up with software, programming, user manual and everything is IMPRESSIVE.

I'm a CT, X-Ray and vascular install and repair guy for Toshiba corporation so I'm in the electronics field and I am just so impressed with this thing, how it works the fitment and how it all came together for you.

Again job well done Andy. The creativity, attention to detail And everything else you have done with this thing is awesome.

I get compliments about it constantly when people see it.

Keep up the good work!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

From everything I read, the LC-1 was the least recommended. I went with the PLX, but read the AEM UEGO is also a good choice.

Note that I haven't installed it or used it with this gauge, just sharing my choice after what I read.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How many people on lgt.com have bought and installed this?

Any problems with it?

I am very interested as I'm looking for a gauge and this one is really cool and stealthy. love the red as it fits in with the other red lights on the dash.

How visible is it in the daytime though?

How easy is installation? Is there a PDF available with instructions so I could check it out prior to purchasing?

Does it come with a warranty of any sort?

Huge noobie question, probably embarrassingly stupid but how does it work, like is the basic idea it connects to the cars computer? does the cars computer record the turbo pressure but doesn't display the information anywhere and this just takes that information and translates it into the red lights? sorry if ridiculously stupid question, i'm not very well-versed with cars. ask me about psychopharmacology and i'll tell ya everything you'd wanna know!

Edited by 08GTltd

• I Donated
How many people on lgt.com have bought and installed this?

Not sure, but there are quite a few people in this thread who have one.

Any problems with it?

Mine shows slightly higher peaks than the ECU does, although I understand that issue was fixed in v1.05. I also have some calibration issues with my WBO2, and a little bit of screen burn-in on the right-side screen since I usually keep oil pressure up there and it's usually in the 70s. Other than that, no problems.

I am very interested as I'm looking for a gauge and this one is really cool and stealthy. love the red as it fits in with the other red lights on the dash.

This gauge is incredibly trick and I always get compliments on it whenever I point it out. It's without a question one of my favorite mods.

How visible is it in the daytime though?

As long as there isn't direct sunlight shining on it, it's always visible. With direct sunlight, it's a little hard to see, but it's fairly rare that this is an issue.

How easy is installation? Is there a PDF available with instructions so I could check it out prior to purchasing?

The hardest part of installation is running the tube and wires from the engine bay to under the dash. Here is the PDF user's/installation manual:

http://www.gtboostgauge.com/VBG1%20-%20Manual%20for%20V1.05.pdf

Does it come with a warranty of any sort?

I am not sure what the official warranty is, but lossol is very responsive to problems and concerns.

Huge noobie question, probably embarrassingly stupid but how does it work, like is the basic idea it connects to the cars computer? does the cars computer record the turbo pressure but doesn't display the information anywhere and this just takes that information and translates it into the red lights?

The gauge actually ties into the vacuum system (you run a tube from a T fitting just before the BPV, through the firewall and under the dash, into the sending unit, which has a pressure sensor inside). The available oil pressure sensor (which I would highly recommend) is also a dedicated sensor with wires that run into the cabin.

• I Donated
Another post, since I just mentioned the issue in my above post. I'm having trouble with the WBO2 display. I set the analog output to read 10 AFR at 0V and 20 AFR at 5V, just as instructed, and hooked the yellow gauge wire to the brown wire on the LC-1. However, the gauge does not read correctly. When I lift off the gas, the readout on the computer in ROMRaider reads ~22 AFR, but it's usually around 15 AFR on the gauge. I am running 1.04. Thoughts?

My Innovate WBo2 is impossible to program also! My af/r always reads 10.8 in warm up mode on cold starts then settles to a 10.1-10.3 ratio, no matter what I do.

I've had the wiring double checked and been through umpteen sensor calibration techniques. Innovate is not helpful.

I don't know whether it is an Innovate issue or a GTboostgauge issue. Tuner plugs in to the car with his Innovate stuff plugged in to my sensor in the DP and all reads well during the tuning process. I know my sensor is good, the rest I don't know.

I love how the gauge looks, boost and voltage readings are great, af/r is not good.

• I Donated
The fact that logging works properly through the serial cable (for both of us) indicates that it might be the gauge. Have you changed the settings for the analog outputs using the Innovate programming app?