LegacyGT.com

2.5 LGT Header Mod to Fit 2.5i

So my friend and I both have 2.5i Legacys. This dude from college has a impreza 2.5i (2008) model same as our 2008 legacy 2.5i's. He took a header from a wrecked 2008 WRX cut the up-pipe and sealed it by welding a piece over the flange and bolted it up to his stock exhaust. ( No BS he said he heard and saw a vid of a dude that did the same mod on Youtube) so come to find out it was totally true and his 2.5i Impreza sounds like a WRX sick! Anyway I can fab most anything and weld well I was wondering could the same be done with a legacy ? Could you find a 06-08 Legacy GT wrecked of course and get the header off of it mod it to fit then install? ( The reason I say a stock header is b/c they are UEL and most of the ones out for LGTs are EL in a N/A the EL makes the sounds mellower and flat the UEL of the LGT header should give the 2.5i legacy the similar rumble) besides the fab part ( the part to connect the header to the rest of the exhaust and perhaps the cats do you foresee any other major issues ? I know this may seem childish to some members but to us it is more like (if it can be done we want to do it :spin: with good results and sound clips for all:lol:)

Wow I sound so young LOL **2013 edit**

SPT v2:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Bosal v1.5:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

IMG_1662.JPG.8937b420c169ac4007db1f25a52c72cb.JPG

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So my friend and I both have 2.5i Legacys. This dude from college has a impreza 2.5i ( 2008) model same as our 2008 legacy 2.5i's. He took a header from a wrecked 2008 WRX cut the up-pipe and sealed it by welding a piece ove the flange and bolted it up to his stock exhaust. ( No BS he said he heard and saw a vid of a dude that did the same mod on Youtube) so come to find out it waas totally true and his 2.5i Impreza sounds like a WRX sick! Anyway I can fab most anything and weld well I was wondering coudl the same be done with a legacy ? Could you find a 06-08 Legacy GT wrecked of course and get the header off of it mod it to fit then install? ( The reason I say a stock header is b/c they are UEL and most of the ones out for LGTs are EL in a N/A the EL makes the sounds mellower and flat the UEL of the LGT header should give the 2.5i legacy the similar rumble) besides the fab part ( the part to connect the header to the rest of the exhaust and perhaps the cats do you forsee any other major issues ? I know this may seem childish to some members but to us it is more like (if it can be done we want to do it:spin: with good results and soundclips for all:lol:)

Seems like a lot of effort to go through just to deliberately reduce your horsepower. ;)

So my friend and I both have 2.5i Legacys. This dude from college has a impreza 2.5i ( 2008) model same as our 2008 legacy 2.5i's. He took a header from a wrecked 2008 WRX cut the up-pipe and sealed it by welding a piece ove the flange and bolted it up to his stock exhaust. ( No BS he said he heard and saw a vid of a dude that did the same mod on Youtube) so come to find out it waas totally true and his 2.5i Impreza sounds like a WRX sick! Anyway I can fab most anything and weld well I was wondering coudl the same be done with a legacy ? Could you find a 06-08 Legacy GT wrecked of course and get the header off of it mod it to fit then install? ( The reason I say a stock header is b/c they are UEL and most of the ones out for LGTs are EL in a N/A the EL makes the sounds mellower and flat the UEL of the LGT header should give the 2.5i legacy the similar rumble) besides the fab part ( the part to connect the header to the rest of the exhaust and perhaps the cats do you forsee any other major issues ? I know this may seem childish to some members but to us it is more like (if it can be done we want to do it:spin: with good results and soundclips for all:lol:)

Where r u at in va?

I used to go to ODU and I lived in Norfolk but now I live in Roanoke. A turbo kit for the N/A that will only push 3-5 lbs :lol: I wouldnt void my warranty for that plus would you gain much at the wheel ? How would the header from the LGT decrease your HP? In the end i will more than likely trade my 08 2.5i in for a 08 LGT and start from there with a header and exhaust (w/o the cats) Also do all subbue run super rich when you install a BOV ?

It would reduce HP by causing alot of turbulence in the header. That squared off angle where you'd weld over the flange would create an odd shape that would disrput your exhaust flow. ;)

It would reduce HP by causing alot of turbulence in the header. That squared off angle where you'd weld over the flange would create an odd shape that would disrput your exhaust flow. ;)

Well yeah but I was thinking taking the UP outlet off flush then a smooth weld my dear friend ;)

You do realize that the EL header on the 2.5i is more efficient and will produce more HP than the UEL on the LGT, right?

Yes I know , i know :eek: and we have been pondering a way to achieve the best results and we came up with this give me your opinion. We found a Header--> http://www.scoobytuner.com/php/st.view.image.php?src=/images.original/1239.jpg

Ohk once we test fit the header to the block the only thing we have to fab will be a flange, and pipe section to mate the OEM exhaust system to the header itself but in addition to this we are going to leave the first ECU cat and take out the the 2nd cat(to see it if further helps the sound from the header) it is resonates too much we'll put it back in line ( my guess is it will but the luxury of having two of the same car is you can try it out on one before the other.

And i would dyno it just to see if I got 3-5 hp gain :lol:

hey.. i was just browsing ebay and found the oem exhaust mani/up-pipe/vf40 for $399+ $40 shipping.. 30k miles

i'm sure i can get a link if you can't find it.. if you wanted to go that route

Wild guess but that must be your stuff youre talking about selling :lol:

^^^Untrue, to get the Subaru UEL header sound, you must use a UEL.

A horrizontally opposed engine sounds different than an inline or V engine, period. That is why a Porsche, with a EL header, has a distinctive "Porsche" sound.

:spin:

^^^Untrue, to get the Subaru UEL header sound, you must use a UEL.

A horrizontally opposed engine sounds different than an inline or V engine, period. That is why a Porsche, with a EL header, has a distinctive "Porsche" sound.

I think that's what he meant. He just omitted a comma.

Archived