LegacyGT.com

Downpipe and catback mating questions!

Specbobae

Yes. Some members have tried it without the adapter, and eventually go to the adapter or to a flat-flange CBE. I've got the opposite problem with a 2.5" COBB DP into a 3" flat-flange CBE. Use the 2.5" donut to 3" flat-flange WBR adapter and new gaskets for mine.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

If i get the dp with no tune, is this going to hurt my engine? before i got my intake i heard the same things ... but nothing has happened yet. i don't live at sea level, im in CO. also i've heard that with my 06 spec b i will need a catless up pipe as well?

If i get the dp with no tune, is this going to hurt my engine? before i got my intake i heard the same things ... but nothing has happened yet. i don't live at sea level, im in CO. also i've heard that with my 06 spec b i will need a catless up pipe as well?

...dude, this is the second ill informed piece of information Ive seen you post up. and thats just today!

really, do your research before you put these components on your car with no tune. The intake is undoubtedly causing you to lean out, and WILL kill your motor in time.

you dont have an "sti engine" in your car necessarily, you have an EJ255, sti is an EJ257 (slightly different piston shape IIRC), and different turbo, intake manifold, ect.

DO NOT PUT THESE COMPONENTS ON YOUR CAR WITHOUT A TUNE, ALTITUDE IS IRRELEVANT.

and your buddy with the sti and a downpipe with no tune unfortunately doesnt sound like the brightest bulb in the box either.

again man, im really sorry to sound harsh, but your going to regret it when your motor is gone from these mods your installing untuned. Not to mention, an intake is not necessary until stg 3 + power levels, the oem intake snorkel/air box is best up to stg 2 (downpipe + catless up pipe), theres no need for more air flow until you pass that level of modification (aka installing a larger turbo + fuel pump + injectors ect..)

were all here to help you, but you really need to just sit down, read, read, research and research some more before you wind up paying dearly. cause your kind of sounding like a vtech kid right now that has now idea what hes doing, having a field day at autozone and slapping sh*t on his car..

Archived