LegacyGT.com

What's the best mod for a 1993 SS Wagon???

Is it stock? How long have you owned it? Auto or manual? How is it running? When was the timing belt last replaced. Start with basic maintenance first.

Then get some good tires, good pads & cheap rotors. 16" wheels such as WRX, RS, or Snowflakes look a lot better than the stock 15" wheels IMO (I'm still rocking the stock wheels, lol). Any 5x100 Subaru wheels will fit. Then suspension. After that slap on a TD04 with a top mount intercooler. Silencer delete is another good mod. Head over to bbslegacycentral.org for all you ever need to know about first gen turbo leggys. ;)

Clean your MAF, install some NGK V-Power plugs, new plug wires, run some injector cleaner or seafoam, replace your fuel filter and air filter. Check your vacuum lines for leaks. Inspect the turbo inlet elbow for cracks.

I highly recommend installing a boost gauge so you know if you have any boost/vacuum leaks and you are hitting 8.7 stock psi.

The list goes on and on... :) Welcome!

Thanks for the advice! Already have the wheels, exhaust, 5spd transmission, working on getting the turbo and a front mount, this is my second car, and I wish it was my first and I love it! Great platform to work on too!

^+1! I swapped projector headlights on my 95 L and it is one of the best mods I have ever done.

Post up some pics of the wagon! Did you swap in the 5MT? If so did you also swap on a Diamond coil pack? It's quite a bit better than the stock coil that came on the 4EATs. What exhaust setup did you go with?

What turbo are you wanting to run? You can make some mad power if you get a Robtuned 20G ecu. :)

It's factory 5spd, with full careless straight pipe exhaust and I'm wanting to run either a td04 or vf39

HI,

There was no 'factory 5-speed' for the '92-94 Legacy Touring Wagon. It came only as an automatic. The car was swapped by a previous owner. That's not 'bad', just making sure the info is accurate. If you look @ the bellhousing on the transmission there is a sticker that will start with 'TY'. This will tell you what the trans came out of originally. It may be a 5-speed from an Sport Sedan.

If you're going to use any turbo bigger than stock you need an intercooler - the front mount will be a lot of work, but a good choice. And since it's a PITA to install, you might as well get the VF39/43/48 (STi turbos from '04-'14+), but it'll also cost 2-3 times as much as a TD04, which can usually be bought used on NASIOC for $125. Also, the Forester XT used the same TD04 from '04-'08 and Baja Turbo from '04-'06 .

As noted above, the Legacy Central site has this covered.

GL,

TD

Archived