LegacyGT.com

Ok so quick question my last car didn't have this issue but with my 09 legacy 2.5i n/a when I'm in turns at 35+ mph the car feels like its rocking or to me swaying back n forth when I come out of the turns and I'd like to know why that is and if there is anything I can do to almost make it feel stiffer I guess you can say. My last car I had was a Mazda 6i and all I had done to it suspension wise was a upper strut bar for the front towers and I could take the same turns prolly going the same speed or a little faster and the car would just stick hard to the turn. So like I said what can I do to change that in my legacy now?

Any legacy GT rear bar will fit, but I believe whiteline is the only one now that makes one for a 2.5i up front. You might do some searching in the suspension forum, there's tons of info on this
'08 Legacy 2.5i - hybrid intake - delta 1000 - E85 - magnaflow exhaust

• 4 weeks later...

I believe a 'budget' rear bar is to use the Tribeca rear bar, but you should move up the front sway bar in size otherwise you may end up creating an oversteering situation due to upsetting the front/rear stiffness too much. In stock form our cars are designed to understeer, which is actually safer for 'normal' drivers than oversteering, so increasing the rear bar will help bring the car to a more 'neutral' feel, but can obviously be overdone. Good luck on your search for a better setup.

Search through these forums for alternate solutions, lots of folks here have already gone down your path.

You can shoot an email over to the guys at Rallitek and see if they still have the non turbo 05-09 front and rear sway bar kit jump on it, comes w urethane bushings and hardware that should go. Your sway issues, if you wanted to go a little further; budget bars up top would be GT SPEC f/strut tower braces

Archived