LegacyGT.com

Bilsteins and Pinks for the wagon

bergs

I'm lovin' it!

I was worried at first because I've heard some people here saying that the struts are a bit harsh. I personally found the ride to be quite wonderful....even on our notoriously choppy New England roads.

My biggest issue was getting that tail end to stop from getting squirrly (and replacing the blown OEM strut)....the Pinks succeed by far.

My only complaint is (and it's more of something to note rather than a complaint) I notice a little bounce on certain road conditions...but it's not intrusive...it reminds me of the increased handling capabilities of the car.

I have before and after pics that I'll get up as soon as I can....

Thanks to unclemat for getting me the information (and parts) that I needed to make this happen.

The car rides great!:)

Congrats.......

I've been running the same setup for almost a year.

I really do like it:):)

My only complaint is when the road gets choppy it's almost painful;)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Doh!

Forgot the camera....will try pics again later...:redface:

Bergs- Glad you're enjoying. What version Bilsteins did you get?

Thanks!

Rev A...I think...:confused: ...I don't really remember...is there some way to find out...some kind of p/n on the strut perhaps?

How well does it take potholes & bad NE roads?

I drive around potholes at all costs and the "bad" roads are tolerable, IMO.

The ride quality is cetainly not 'unprofessional'.

Like it was already mentioned, very bumpy roads can create minimal back-breakage...:lol:

For me, it's more of a concern about how my passengers are feeling...I've accepted how the car rides and I am very happy with the handling. I have had zero complaints from my passengers so far....well maybe a couple of "honey, can you slow down a bit" complaints...;)...

The real test will be taking my grandfather somewhere...see what he thinks.

Keep in mind that what's 'acceptable' to me might not fly with you.

There is a minor "chop" exhibited on rough roads and again, it's what I personally would expect from this kind of upgrade.

FWIW: I had a 535i that had Bilstein/Eibach and even that car rode similar to how the wagon rides.

RobE- workin' on it brutha...had a fellow rider go down hard on Saturday so I've been busy with that as of late...hence the delay in responses.

Yes he's okay....a little broken, but alive and hobbling....the bike? Not so much.

Pics will be here.....maybe tonight (Because work won't allow me to transfer pics to the PC.....funny thing is I can hit forums all day long, but post pics? Nope.)

• 3 weeks later...

Keep in mind the "after" pics were taken before everything settled....I think I drove the car 50 feet then took the pics.

And FYI; the SpecB is teh g4yn3ss...:lol:

j/k

:)

I'd say another 1/4 would be a safe bet...total drop was about 1 1/4" give or take.

Here's how it sits now (nevermind the cones...the story's in another thread)

PICT0473.JPG.1bd31ba9fe6f1399ffb310d4c5cf0e32.JPG

Archived