LegacyGT.com

What do people who have Neros think of them?

shiggins

I've got a set of Pirelli Pzero Nero M&S arriving Monday. I have a bad RE92, so rather than spend the money for a single stock tire which I almost despise, I decided to upgrade. I'm just looking for current opinions (for all who have nothing better to do than cruise around looking to type "search") on what people who own them think.

I debated and researched long and hard about the Kumho Exta ASX, Toyo Proxes4 and the Pirellis. I decided on the Pirellis even though they were the most cash......now I need my validation.

To me, I'm looking for a very good performing AS tire that performs great in the dry, pretty well in the wet, and decent enough in the snow that I'm not slipsliding all over (even the RE92's were manageable with awd). So you can see how I rank it all. I figured out of all the all season choices out there, this one is probably best.

So how are they compared to the RE92's?

i love NEROs! one of the best tires i've ever owned thus far. i would've actually preferred avid v4s' but out of stock and couldn't wait to order cuz i was headed up to go snowboarding over the weekend.

so far no complaints as of grip on wet dry and snow. only complaint is the tires seem a lil bit louder on the road compared to the re92's.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b144/aldouse2/legacy/leggy1.jpg

snow? not a problem. i got out of that snowbank w/o a single hitch or slip.

i know that there are better tires out there in the market. but i'll vouch that the Nero's are among the top contenders IMO

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

18,000 miles on mine and no complaints. I had to do a couple roadtrips last winter during snowstorms and the Nero's treated me very well. There's only a handful of days a year here in Detroit where the snow comes down faster than the plows can remove it, but for an all-season tire - which by definition sux in the snow and sux in the summer - I've been impressed. Qualification: I went into the shop to buy the ContiExtremes because I've never before been impressed with Pirellis, but the guy had the Nero's in stock and made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

I have about 19k on them, and they have been one of the best all season's I ever recall having! Awesome in the dry, wet, and quite good in the snow. Like Jim1969 mentioned, you can't stop & turn like dedicated snows!

I had the Proxes4, but they were horrible for me!(soft sidewalls, noisy) I haven't experienced the Pzero tramlining, and I have been on some grooved pavement, but admittedly not on many. Bottom line, I wouldn't hesitate to buy these again, and that's the biggest compliment one can give to a tire!

I've had them on my OBXT since last spring and I've been very happy. They've been great so far in the snow this year. I just drive in the snow like I should and don't push the limit - if you are expecting a A/S tire to do more than that in the snow get dedicated snow tires. In the dry they are great and the braking is better the the RE92's.

Dry: Very good for all season rubber

Wet: Decent, but not great (side traction sucks at low temps)

Snow: Shitty, the tires get very hard and are not much better than RE92

Overall: A GREAT tire at a great price (~$500 for 4 225/45/17)

thanks for all the replies. I'm getting very excited to get these tires on the car this coming week.....especially since I can't/won't drive it around with that damn mini dougnut spare on it and it's been 4 days now. It's tough just walking by it in the garage every day.

I'm happy to hear that they perform very well in the dry and wet. Those were my most important desires.

I've driven on snow in the winter my entire midwestern life, so I'm well versed in how to drive correctly in it...........SLOW! So as long as the tires are as good as or better than the RE92 in the snow, I don't think I'll complain one bit. I realize it's all a big compromise with AS tires, but maybe someday new rims and dedicated seasonal tires will be in the cards.

riighhht...just like SOA decided to put the RE92s on our cars. They must be good!

LOL Um not quite sure I understand yr statement?

Subaru of America put the most cheapest tyre one could on your GT's.

Subaru of Australia on the other hand put the most expensive tyre on the STi.

Its not our fault if SoAmerica are being on the cheap and nasty side. If u dont like your RE92's swap them out and getting something new.

Ada///M.

They have to be good considering Subaru STi Japan has decided to put them on the Liberty STi for Australia.

Ada///M.

PS They aint the cheapest though.

The Liberty STi has Pzero Rosso's which are classified as Max. Performance Summer. There is a Pzero Nero tire classified as Max. Performance Summer.

However, when an LGT member refers to Pirelli Pzero's, they're talking about the PZero Nero (M&S) all season tire. For people in the snowbelt that deal with cold temps all season tires should be reclassified as 3-season tires.

I have had them for about 25k on my car, love them. They are excellent in the dry, excellent in the wet and fine in the snow. Like others said as long as you pay attention in the snow you will be alright. I'm used to heavy Audis with snows so nothing really compares, but I'm not scared to take the LGT out. Like Edmundu said I would also buy these again.

Compared to the RE92s, I've found them to be an improvement all around, maybe a tad firmer ride but all at the same noise levels.

My only beef with them is tramlining. On freshly grooved pavement, they squirm quite a bit. Anyone else have similar experiences?

The only thing I sort of miss about my RE-92s is the rim gaurd. They did save me from potential curb rash a few times.

Ken

Archived