LegacyGT.com

2007 Spec B Radio information thread

Deer Killer

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know of a way I could feed the line level output of my generic Sirius receiver into the SAT input on the P-204UH? I have a 3.5mm jack (for phone or GPS) that I will have going through the AUX input, and don't want that always tied up with the satellite radio.

Not sure if it is he is making them, but JazzyMT was selling an aux in board that would sit between the CD player and the amp that worked well on the older head units. That is the only thing that I would think that might do what you want.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Does anyone know of a way I could feed the line level output of my generic Sirius receiver into the SAT input on the P-204UH?

Check out PAC Audio's uPAC-SB1. Ask them whether it's compatible with your OEM HU.

PAC now has a newer model ISSB571 that also may work.

Otherwise, you would need some device to trick the HU into thinking there's a sat receiver connected. You can't simply connect the audio lines to the HU's expansion bus socket and press the SAT button.

Check out PAC Audio's uPAC-SB1. Ask them whether it's compatible with your OEM HU.

PAC now has a newer model ISSB571 that also may work.

Otherwise, you would need some device to trick the HU into thinking there's a sat receiver connected. You can't simply connect the audio lines to the HU's expansion bus socket and press the SAT button.

Thanks for the links; I think I'm just going to wire both into the AUX-in circuit. I think I saw you mention that a resistor should be added between the two sources in this case? Can you elaborate on that please?

I think I'm just going to wire both into the AUX-in circuit. I think I saw you mention that a resistor should be added between the two sources in this case? Can you elaborate on that please?

I don't recall mentioning resistors with aux inputs. If you want to leave two things plugged in at the same time, I do recommend using an A/B switch -- either a simple toggle switch (would need to be DPDT -- double pole double throw = 6 pins), or a device such as PAC Audio's AS21.

The only place I think I've mentioned resistors recently is to test whether an OEM HU can work with steering wheel controls.

Edited by SVXdc

• 3 months later...
Ok Update....

Found the problem... it is the AUX input module for the LEGACY that is not working.

If I plug the AUX input module from the IMPREZA kit, it works fine.

I am taking them apart to see if they are wired the same. If they are not then what I am going to do is hacksaw the wider IMPREZA circuit board to fit in the LEGACY Aux input module housing and it should be good to go.

Ill keep you posted.

I swapped a 204-UH and aux-in module (both from the same 07 vehicle) into my 05LGT and I'm having the same problem as you, no sound from the left channel. What could be causing this?

I swapped a 204-UH and aux-in module (both from the same 07 vehicle) into my 05LGT and I'm having the same problem as you, no sound from the left channel. What could be causing this?

Are you using the Impreza aux harness? That is what caused the problem Scooby2.5 was having. When you use that harness, you must either re-pin the 6-pin plug that plugs into bottom of the Legacy aux jack, or hack an Impreza aux jack's PC board and swap that into the Legacy jack's plastic "pod."

Aux "pod" (3.5mm jack module) pin-out

Pin-out of the car's 6-pin plug (viewing the pins side -- wires facing away from you:

2063438095_CenterconsoleauxpodplugC8.jpg.2db9cb6495ecaa984b92286f4d605ba2.jpg

1 2 3 4 5 6

2007-2009 Legacy/Outback:

1 Right audio (HU pin 2)

2 Audio ground (HU pin 5)

3 Left audio (HU pin 1)

4 Audio ground (no wire on harness)

5 Aux enable (HU pin 6)

6 Chassis ground (for aux enable)

2008-up Impreza/ 2009-up Forester:

1 Audio ground (HU pin 5)

2 Right audio (HU pin 2)

3 (no connection, no wire)

4 Aux enable (HU pin 6)

5 Chassis ground (for aux enable)

6 Left audio (HU pin 1)

If you still have access to the 2007 donor car, you could also remove and use its aux harness (it's actually comprised of a chain of two harnesses, which you could shorten and splice together). Edited by SVXdc
Fixed error in Legacy pin-out

Are you using the Impreza aux harness? That is what caused the problem Scooby2.5 was having. When you use that harness, you must either re-pin the 6-pin plug that plugs into bottom of the Legacy aux jack, or hack an Impreza aux jack's PC board and swap that into the Legacy jack's plastic "pod."

If you still have access to the 2007 donor car, you could also remove and use its aux harness (it's actually comprised of a chain of two harnesses, which you could shorten and splice together).

I'm using the stock 07LGT aux harness and I don't have access to the car to get the additional harness that goes between the HU and the aux.

Looking at the schematic on post #377 of this thread I think the problem is the #2 pin (GY) coming out of the aux (C8) plug. When it gets to the intermediate harness there are dotted lines and other symbols that I have no clue about. I ran this wire straight into the #5 pin of the i85. Can you assist on how this should be wired?

Edited by vet
removing incorrect info at the request of SVXdc

I'm using the stock 07LGT aux harness and I don't have access to the car to get the additional harness that goes between the HU and the aux.

Looking at the schematic on post #377 of this thread I think the problem is the #2 pin (GY) coming out of the aux (C8) plug. When it gets to the intermediate harness there are dotted lines and other symbols that I have no clue about. I ran this wire straight into the #5 pin of the i85. Can you assist on how this should be wired?

The dashed lines indicate that the conductor is a braided shield. That one is used for the audio ground, and surrounds the left and right audio wires.

Wiring the aux pod's pin 2 to the HU's pin 5 is correct.

What exactly to you mean when you say you have "the stock 07LGT aux harness"? Is that just the short segment that originally went from C8 to C1?

How did you connect the aux wires into your car's i85 plug?

It's possible that your aux jack itself is bad -- that's not uncommon. Try temporarily wiring a cable with a 3.5mm plug to your 6-pin C8 plug (bypassing your aux pod), plug the 3.5mm plug into your MP3 player, and see whether both channels work. Remember you'll need to ground the HU's enable line (what goes to the HU's pin 6).

If both channels work that way, your jack is bad. If they still don't work, you have a problem in your wiring between C8 and i85.

The P204UH comes ready for sat radio from the factory.

Indeed it does, but is that just XM or does the Sirius work with it too?

And is there no way to get a standard "universal car tuner" (the SC-C1) to work with the head unit? Some sort of adapter cable? Or does one need to spend the absurd $320 on the OEM Subaru tuner?

Not sure about the SC-C1.

I believe that you could get either Sirius or XM on the model years that had the P204UH. Its just a matter of having the correct connector. If you search a few of the radio threads, you'll see the connector.

lol

• 4 weeks later...
Another question on the P204-UH radio:

Is there an internal ground-loop isolator circuit for the Aux input?

At least on mine, no. I have had to use one.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

• 4 weeks later...
gonna bump this because this is the most useful thread ever. i sold my friend my 08LGT headunit with the aux and xm. We thought it would be a direct swap over but it wasnt.. then found this thread. I got everything to work including the aux. took the aux port out of the center console on mine and was able to integrate it into his car! thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • I Donated
Pull off chrome trim ring if you have an auto/unscrew shift knob if you have a manual, pull off shift surround, undo screws holding in bottom of side trim pieces (one on each side), unsnap top parts of trim pieces by pulling from bottom, unscrew 3 screws on each side of radio, undo connectors at back. Installation is the reverse of removal.

I've been reading through the thread and I can't quite figure out......how exactly do you get the radio out to begin with? Is there a step by step or directions of some sort?

Honestly, when I upgraded my MY06 HU to MY07/08, I used Jazzy's instructions for removing the radio; his complete manual is here: http://www.jazzyengineering.com/Installation_Manual_1-2.pdf. It's really easy. Make sure you do have a plastic pry tool, so you don't scratch things up. I have a tool called the "Fishbone" (not sure if they're still around) that works well. Good luck.

Indeed it does, but is that just XM or does the Sirius work with it too?

And is there no way to get a standard "universal car tuner" (the SC-C1) to work with the head unit? Some sort of adapter cable? Or does one need to spend the absurd $320 on the OEM Subaru tuner?

I believe you can get Subaru modules for Sirius or XM that work. Both have the 20-pin connector your radio has for the satellite unit. Do some more research on these, but the part numbers were:

XM receiver: H621SXA000 (now replaced by H621SXA001)

Sirius receiver: H621SXA100 (now replaced by H621SXA101)

(I provided the old P/Ns because searching those might bring up more information.)

Some people claimed the Sirius module won't work with the '07 radios. I think it should work, but I can't personally verify, so please research it thoroughly. Good luck...

• 3 weeks later...

So I tried this out last night. Sweet! Got the new HU plugged in.

So heres the kicker.....How do you route the antenna/wiring for satellite radio? I have it rigged that its coming from the space the chrome ring trim would normally be. I'm gonna have to pull the radio back out anyways just to install the AUX anyways, so hopefully I can get it all done at one time.