LegacyGT.com

Window Tint %

So in a month I'm going to get my 2.5i with black interior tinted and I am trying to decide on what % to go with.

I was thinking Llumar CTX 35% all around but when I talked to my installer he thought that I would be happier with 35% on the sides and 15% on the rear. He said that he always gets people who put 35% all around and come back and want it darker on the rear windscreen.

I'm concerned about night time visibility with the 15% and really don't want my wife to complain about her visibility at night.

Also, I'm moving to north Texas in a month so I also don't want to go too light on the back. Any help would be greatly appreciated especially pics of tint percentages.

Thanks

I'm 30% front 15% rear and have never noticed any disadvantage or I'm just used to it. For better visibility when reversing I have replaced the reverse lights with led's but even then, still no complaints with visibility.http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160420/81743c4f160c69a75cefb82d799d93e7.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160420/8b2f203969797a286b687ab4df21edc8.jpg

Hard to tell from pics but you get the idea

here in NC 35% on all windows is as dark as you can go. i like it but sadly wish i could be darker. it filters out some light and helps keep the car semi cooler in the hot ass summer. i sadly dont have a direct side shot of the car i could find though

IMG_4545.thumb.jpg.3f85ba1ec6d871e75eb92c1f54050333.jpg

If you're moving to Texas soon, you'll want your tint to comply with Texas law. LEOs there can be pretty picky when it comes to stuff like this. It's easy money for them, and difficult, annoying, and costly for you to defend. How much time do you really want to spend sitting in court defending yourself, or how much money do you want to spend on tickets?

Personally, I find that complying with laws is a lot more relaxed and stress-free than a constant worry about getting caught and having to deal with the aftermath of getting caught.

Almost any level of tint is obviously going to affect visibility at night. Whether that's detrimental or not is up to the individual. In my case, the difference was noticeable. I prefer being safe to looking cool, so I probably wouldn't go with 25% again. I always err on the side of safety, but YMMV. When it comes to the wife, I always follow the adage "If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."

Here's basic Texas tint requirements:

https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/vi/consumerinfo/windowTint.htm

Slider, do you wish you would have gone darker on the back glass or no? Also, what interior color do you have? Any problems with visibility at night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did 27% because that's the limit in Colorado. I have the light interior so it doesn't look as dark as it did on my other cars that have all had dark interiors.

I do not have any visibility issues at night.

My 4Runner has 18 on the fronts (there was a mixup after we had to get the window replaced, someone tried to break in and scratched the hell out of the glass). Occasionally I'll want to roll that window down at night because it's too dark.

Also, if you have a sunroof that tends to make the fronts look lighter than they are due to the extra light from that and the windshield. Can be mitigated a bit if you do a brow on the windshield (or tint the entire thing I guess, I've never done that - but I have done brows and they make a noticable difference)

IMO, if you have a dark interior then the mid 20s is fine. If it's light I would have preferred a bit darker, but then you give up a tad too much night visibility if you get under 20%

Archived