LegacyGT.com

Cobb ap OTS economy tune

prodrifterx

Ran that tune for over a year on my LGT with a blown HG. Saw over 200mi / tank, and IIRC, it ran at WG boost, which is under 10psi. Not too bad, to be honest.

If I weren't Stage 2 now (mileage results still pending), I'd still flash back to that map and run it for a daily.

I'm at 142k, get 300-340/tank, spend 500/month in gas, drive 100+ miles daily, but thinking about the tune as a temporary solution to keeping he car going and reliable and keeping the car until paid for so I can get another car maybe and then play with this one.

Do u see inconsistency between the avg mpg on the Subaru and the avg in the Cobb and then when you compute it yourself at full up?

Guess it's time to evaluate the tune up and leaks etc. Something's gotta be up.

Plan on staying where I'm at til I retire. Like the area but don't forsee moving the family to Arlington .

Do u see inconsistency between the avg mpg on the Subaru and the avg in the Cobb and then when you compute it yourself at full up?

Guess it's time to evaluate the tune up and leaks etc. Something's gotta be up.

Plan on staying where I'm at til I retire. Like the area but don't forsee moving the family to Arlington .

I am not a card-carrying AARP Member, therefore I do not even think to calculate my mileage manually; whatever the computer says, I find it trustworthy enough.

If you've noticed a drop in mileage, then, yes, it's time to start looking into seals, vacuum leaks and think about getting your injectors cleaned/replaced -

How long 'til retirement? Have you planned for the inevitable monthly LGT expenses, as well? :lol:

Lol. Well I calculate manually always, and always have, it's been a nice thing to see, but once started to modify the numbers on the car, the manual computed and the Cobb numbers haven't matched. Nonetheless, yea I'm sure there's things I haven't picked up on or checked regarding leaks (exhaust and intake alike) , good idea on onjector replacement or cleaning.

What monthly inevitable expenses? Over my head? Lol

I wanna keep the car but do have to consider 25+ yrs to go till retirement unless I stay longer (27yrs old-mechanic) but the commute and with 2 kids , no real time to give to a daily driver needing fine tuned often, be better off with this as a weekend toy and a second vehicle for the daily. I have noticed the injector duty cycle not going past 47% but it's defintely higher now than it was running at prior to the intake pipes, and fuel pump duty cycle reaches 100% easily at boost and at part or more throttle. Idle is like 33% and guess 1/4 throttle or no boost it's 67% DC on the fuel pump. Need a longer fuel gauge line so I can watch fuel psi in car during drive.

Archived