LegacyGT.com

10 Years Old and Still Rockin

At 1st I'm like pic for post whore but I noted the MPG. Besides turnpike, my mpg stayed 17-19 mpg. My Legacy replaced a 4200 lb premium fuel only V8 land yacht so MPG wasn't a hit for me.

I do have envy as I barely made it to 90K on SB 1 and turbo 2

How hard (or gently ;) do you drive it?

I don't thrash it by any means however, I do drive in a spirited manner from time to time.

I run on a Cobb OTS Stg2 with;

Catless dp

Catback exhaust

Rebuilt JmP VF40

Bulletproof TMIC kit

Various suspension mods

Bringing the pain since 1968

Reckon the JmP unit is the key contributor to it's longevity?

Or more so the non-thrashing, and or TLC?

Or, the Cobb AP ?

Orrrrr.....??

I ask, well because it seems a whole lot of folk's turbos are going ka-pow, and I don't want to be in that group.

60k gently driven miles, add in the occasional spirited pull, 3k mi. OCI, with AP.

Anyone please? Thank you.

Reckon the JmP unit is the key contributor to it's longevity?

Or more so the non-thrashing, and or TLC?

Or, the Cobb AP ?

Orrrrr.....??

I ask, well because it seems a whole lot of folk's turbos are going ka-pow, and I don't want to be in that group.

60k gently driven miles with AP.

Anyone please? Thank you.

John and I have spoken about this.

His theory, and I agree, are the ones who have issues are either driving their cars hard and/or have modified beyond a reasonable power range.

Bottom line, if you treat your car like a race car you will have race car issues. If you can afford that then no problem but, I don't think most people are set up financially to deal with that paradigm. I know I am not.

When I bought my LGT I had compression and leak-down tests done, R&R'd all seals and gaskets, removed banjo bolt filters, etc...

I R&R'd the turbo due to a suspicion mine was swapped/stolen at one of the shops I had it in.

Basically, if you take care of your equipment it will take care of you. Of course there are always exceptions.

I have most of my fun in corners... I may not be the fastest Subie on a straight away but she corners like a slot car now.[emoji12]

Bringing the pain since 1968

I wouldn't doubt its possible, but do the math when you fill up. Between my 05 LGT and a '14 focus ST I had, neither mpg gauge has been accurate. My LGT tells me my average is 25mpg (I reset trip A odometer every fill up), but when i do the math at the pump , its closer to 21.5-22mpg

Glad your high-miler is treating you well !

Did you buy it from a member here? Reason ask is, how do you know the engine hasn't been replaced?

If all original sweet

Glad I wasn't the one to ask this...not that I didn't think about it...

My original propeller shaft and both rear axles are still going great at 214,000 miles. All the other moving parts have been changed, not bad for an 11year 4 month old car...LOL Well it does still have the same valves and cams in the engine so I guess I have to include them in, original.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yeah a rebuilt turbo before it fails is key. Catching the banjos before it clogs the lines is key. Deleting the cat in the up is also key. Checking oil.... You get where I'm going with this.

Sent from my iFail using Tapatalk App

Wish I could get mileage like that, my bone stock LGT delivers 21.5 in regular & spirited driving.

I've had the banjo fittings changed several times starting at 60k miles, so far so good.

How is oil consumption?

Archived