LegacyGT.com

Total noob needs help:

DaWrench

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a Legacy GT wagon. I'd like a Diamond Grey Metaliac as I love this colour. also I'd like the dark leather. (it seems it only comes in the DGM and BSM). also a stick would be nice but a auto is ok.

I'm really new to the Subaru. I currenting drive a Z71 Ext cab. (40 bucks a day in gas is killing me). my son showed me a few pics of the Legacy wagon and I found this site. (great by the way!!!!!!!) I have yet to drive a Legacy as our closest dealership does'nt have any in stock but I'm hoping to soon. (I'm hoping my height won't be a problem I'm 6'6")

any thoughts would be great!!!!

Thanks

I'm 6' 2" with long legs and I don't have a problem fitting into a driving position that's comfortable.

I drive a wagon without Sunroof and I have enough space above my head. A sunroof model might be different.

The only thing I noticed is the slightly lower sightline out of the front glass and the rear view mirror seemed placed too low for my tastes, but I am over that after 2+ years of having fun.

You can't get a LGT wagon with a manual transmission anymore. But you can get an OBXT with the 5spd

I'm guessing he is in Canada. :iam:

Am I right DaWrench?

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

Gianspi:

Hi,

I live in Michigan. I'm about 3+ hours from Windsor. I have alot of cousins that live in Canada and I might have them look for a wagon for me. I see I can still get a 5 speed LGT according to the Subaru of Canada site.

so far I have'nt found any LGT wagons around Mi in the colour I want. I did find a White one (maybe) in Aovndale Az. I guess I'll keep looking

Thanks

6'4" and fit fine.

Good luck finding a LGT Wagon...they are an endangered species and won't be offered for 2008. I had mine shipped to Nashville from Atlanta. I found 5 total in the southeast and south-atlantic. The sportshift isn't quite a manual but if you don't mind losing the clutch...its not bad.

As for my bias...the wagon is the way to go....same in most manners as the sedan...handles great, huge sunroof, more cargo room, looks great with tinted windows and looks sleepishly fast standing still.

Eidolon Six:

Hi,

I am finding that out. I did find a 06 Regal Blue/taupe with less than 100 miles. I'm going to check it out on Saturday (it's a auto).

I did a search in Canada and found a couple so I've asked my cousins to check them out too. funny though, I can buy a 07 wagon with a 5 speed in a LGT in Canada for 3000 more than I can order a wagon here (from Subaru of Canada site).

as for the Sportshift I have driven a few cars with this and it would be ok. it would be alot easier on my wife as she can drive a stick but rather not.

I have been looking at all the pics posted here of wagons and they do look hot lowered,tinted and with new shoes. Gone 2Vegas's wagon helped me decide on the DGM colour (along with the pics that Dotorchu posted of his sedan) before that the SWP was the colour I was looking at.

and can you get grey/Black Leather on White????

Thanks

I actually searched the Subaru website myself and found the cars. I preferred silver over the blue or black ones available (have had 2 blue cars already...needed a change and black is too hot for the southeast.) You can have the dealer search but my dealer bumbled things and it took a while for them to locate the car I told them already existed (which may have been intentional to give them more time to convince me to buy the LGT sedan they had on the lot).

As for going Canada...you might have more options of getting what you want for the extra dough. I suspect you may have to settle for whatever you can find in terms of available LGT wagons in the US. The SOA white car comes with the taupe interior only unfortunately. My Silver paint job looks pretty rich...much better than the Regal blue on my old Impreza and it comes with the dark gray interior.

As for going Outback XT....IMHO, the new schnoz in person is disappointing and screams "Soccer Mom" and the 2007 model lacks the sporty stance in favor of obvious SUV cues.

Heightsgltd:

Hi,

right now anything close to 20 MPG is alot better than the 9 to 10 MPG I'm getting now. I drive around 120 miles a day 5 days a week and easliy 750 miles a weekend if not more. I need something I can haul my stuff in and I have always liked wagons. I looked at the Imprezza wagons but they are too small.

Thanks

I did a search in Canada and found a couple so I've asked my cousins to check them out too. funny though, I can buy a 07 wagon with a 5 speed in a LGT in Canada for 3000 more than I can order a wagon here (from Subaru of Canada site).

as for the Sportshift I have driven a few cars with this and it would be ok. it would be alot easier on my wife as she can drive a stick but rather not.

You should consider a 2008 Outback XT Limited. It's a turbocharged wagon and is standard with a 5-speed manual transmission and an optional 5-speed automatic transmission with sport shift. It's available in Diamond Gray Metallic and would probably be cheaper than importing a Legacy GT wagon from Canada. Since you're coming from a truck, you might appreciate the extra ride height the Outback wagon has relative to the Legacy wagon.

Jon [in CT]:

Hi,

I have thought about that. it mostly depends if I buy a new wagon. if I do then I'll have to sell my truck aand the wagon will be my only driver. if I can buy a used wagon I'll keep the truck for weekends and winter. then I mod the wagon as I can.

seems I now have to beat or at least keep up with my son...... he's after a 97 Supra TT low miles, looks great. let the mod wars begin...........when we get our cars!!!!!!!!

also I'll be in L.A. for a week in June. if I have time I would like to check out some dealerships out there. any good ones I should look for?????

Thanks

Archived