LegacyGT.com

How good are our leather seats?

I know this thread isn't exactly belong in this sub-section. I already posted in the interior section and not many people commented on it.

First off, I have given up on the idea of me getting WRX seats into my car. After much research, I do not want to mess with the side airbags. My life is way more important than the seats.

Now I have been reading that leather seats can be swapped for cloth seats and it will be just plug and play. I was wondering how good are our leather seats? Do they hug you in the corners? I read from Subaru's brochure that the leather seats are designed performance seats. So I was wondering how good are they actually? Are they worth me paying $700 for it?

Also, I am pretty sure someone did a write up on a swap but for the life of me, I cannot find the walk through of it.

They are not the most forming seats, however the quality of the leather is great and built more for comfort. Leather quality is far more better than my S2000, but the seats in the s2k are proper for agressive driving.

I've seen leather interiors for Integras go for $500 with wear. The Legacy leather interior is way more better IMHO and worth $700 if leather is good condition.

I think every model have different kind of leather. I have a 09 2.5i Limited, which comes with regular leather, but its only the center of the seats that is leather, the sides are a vinyl type of material.

On a 08/09 2.5GT Limited, it comes with perforated leather seats, so I guess it varies.

I think they arent very good. My brothers accords leather seat are better looking, better quality and more supportive. Ive been wanting to do the sti seat swap but there are better places to put that money atm for me. Keeps the side airbags that I know of.

If you really want that much more support.. put yourself in a set of 5 pt harnesses :)

Honestly these leather seats would do nothing for your side support and sliding.. if anything the cloth seats would hold you in place more. I did read the thread on the Sti seats.. but I don't think it was ever explained if you keep your side air bags or not.

legacy seats are good but they dont last long. i like the leather in the new wrx seats.

I'm just curious... By good what do u mean? Because then you say they don't last long....

My 05 leather doesn't have a crack or wear spot to be seen (without any kind of maintenance). So IMO the leather holds up very good, the look of them is very good, but the support and comfort is not that great.

Mercedes has some all around great leather seats in the few models that I have ridden in.

Archived