LegacyGT.com

16.8 MPG What the F#@!!

I have a 05' Legacy GT with Perrin CBE and a CAI and that's it. When I bought my car I was getting approximately 20-21 MPG, now I am lucky if I get 17 MPG.:mad: Does anybody else get gas mileage like this?? I do all of the normal oil changes with synthetic oil and all other normal maintenance.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all stop and go on my current tank....16.5mpg. hwy i get 28mpg.

Invidia up, Crucial DP/MP, Magnaflow TBE, Perrin TMIC, TDC stg. 2 93 oct.

to keep the usage down...accelerate slow and shift by 2800RPM. once the turbo gets spooling fast she drinks alot. also check your tire pressure. if it's really low you could see 2-4mpg loss.

I just changed my plugs about 5,000 miles ago and also thought it might help a little but it didn't. I also just put new 18" wheels and tires on about 3,000 miles ago. Guess I will just have to deal with it, I like the car too much. Thanks for the advice.

I have a 05' Legacy GT with Perrin CBE and a CAI and that's it. When I bought my car I was getting approximately 20-21 MPG, now I am lucky if I get 17 MPG.:mad: Does anybody else get gas mileage like this?? I do all of the normal oil changes with synthetic oil and all other normal maintenance.

I get about 18.6mpg. I'm on the island too.

+1.

Might want to try reflash the map to reset some of the parameters.

I think my parameters are fine. My all city is usually short trips that are usually 1-2 miles long, so the car is hardly warmed up and I am already done driving.

i think it really depends on the type of driving you do. highway i get about 26, city 16. i bought the car used w/ 6000 miles and mpg hasnt changed, stock or stage 1. i have had 2 oil changes so far and changed the air filter, the car feels better but city mpg is still bad.

oh well, i'm about to go stage 2 anyway even if it drops lower. i bought the car knowing about the milage and would do so again. IMO the pros by far outweigh the cons. reset the tripometer baby it around town and get some highway miles on a few tanks and the milage will be good, then don't reset it drive like a madman and the average will seem better and that help you justify it in your mind:icon_bigg

you think that's bad? I get like 5.0 mpg on the track.. and my car is stock powered.

just stop laying on the throttle so hard and keep your car out of boost if you are going to worry about gas mileage. I can get as high as 27.0 mpg if you keep the car out of the boost.

Keefe

cold outside right now and i just added an autostart/alarm. my fuel economy dropped from 19-20 mpg avg to 15-18 mpg IF i drive a little hwy miles. everything is stop and go and i drive like a granny right now, i can get 18.0 mpg. if i drive like an a-hole, i get 14 mpg. :D
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Archived