LegacyGT.com

cruise shut off

don't know if anyone else has experienced this issue, did a search but didn't find similar symptoms...

i was on the highway last night and decided to set the cruise at 80mph - no traffic, good visibility. i am sure i have done this before on the same highway, with no issues.

well i noticed the car slowing down, and the "set" light was off. the cruise light itself was still on. i accelerated and hit resume and the car cruised again at 80mph. 10 seconds later, it began to slow again. i repeated this 3 times to make sure that i wasn't bumping the cancel or off buttons, and it continued to disable itself. i turned off and on the cruise control, slowed down to 75mph and tried again. this time it worked for a few minutes but then automatically started shutting off like before. i am not getting any CEL or anything like that.

there was no significant surging and i have never experienced this before under the same cirucmstances. i noticed it was happening more on slight downgrades, but a few times even on flat stretches. i'm confused?

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed that I am having the same issue. The problem seams to occur between 75 and 80 mph. It goes for like 15 seconds then shuts off. I am running Stage 1. Anyone have any ideas?

Would like to know also as my friend with a manual 2.5i has the same issue. I've experienced that issue with my Mustang and it was caused by a vibrating clutch pedal. It was vibrating against the switch that cuts the cruise off when you push the clutch pedal in. His wasn't this issue, but maybe one of yours is?

It could be the neutral sensor on the transmission. A number of those have been replaced on LGTs. Search for it. Someone had a fix involving washers or somesuch if you don't want to go to the dealer.

--Lee

I had the same problem. The dealership had to re-flash my computer. There is a service bulletin on this issue. Search in the warranty section for cruise control disengaging.

+1, fixed by dealer

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Yeah, good advice here. I was going to mention that the cruise disengage on the clutch is very sensitive. If I forget and just brush the clutch with sideways pressure, it shuts off the cruise.
Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
Bump to the top. My just started doing this. I have a tune on the car, so getting a re-flash really isn't an option. Anybody else have this issue, or a fix. Like where the clutch disable switch is located?

• 3 weeks later...
Just spoke with the dealer today about this problem, cruise dropping out. He said, oh yea with 5-speeds it has to do with the neutral safety switch, washer thickness. They have fixed a few of them.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived