LegacyGT.com

Easiest way to disable the seatbelt chime when you change your seats...

brucelee

After doing a lot of research on this subject, even on this forum, I haven't found the simple answer that I was seeking, which I ended up finding on my own..

I swapped my seats for Sparco EVO 2's, which obviously didn't have the proper seatbelt electronic plug that our stock seats have... After I changed the seats I found out how annoying that damn seatbelt chime can really be... Even though I had my seatbelt plugged in properly, there was no electronic signal telling the car that the belt is properly fastened...

Instead of cutting into the wires, or doing the 20 key turn trick every time, I took a piece of metal wire and mated it with the open end of the car's seatbelt electronic cable (The one that you unplugged to remove the seat). All you do is literally stuff that piece of metal into the open plug, and tape it shut, and that's it...

The seatbelt cable becomes terminated and thinks the seatbelt is plugged in at all times, no more seatbelt chime!!!

Just thought I'd share that with you guys since I didn't find any forum with that info before, and I wish it was there when I was looking up info!

No you know, and knowing is half the battle.

So this would work on both front seats correct. I get so tired of telling my pass to buckle up when we are just sitting in the car with the key on!

Any pics? Really all you did was jumper it to complete the circuit right?

5 years in and none of us thought about a wire jumper trick? I'll try this out tomorrow. I am tired of the 20 key trick re-setting on me every time I re-set the ECM.

Nice work OP!:cool:

So this would work on both front seats correct. I get so tired of telling my pass to buckle up when we are just sitting in the car with the key on!

Any pics? Really all you did was jumper it to complete the circuit right?

Yeah, it's that simple. I can't believe I was the only one that thought of the simple way... :lol: All these complicated ways, when all that needed to happen was terminating it.

You might have to reset your ECU, keep that in mind.

PS: Sorry, no pics right now, as soon as I get them I'll post them up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived