LegacyGT.com

Austin, TX: Meet Aug 23rd

Meltdown07

So Rangerman and I have been talking for awhile about getting my Hawk pads installed (he's showing me the proper way), and we've been loosely planning a Rudy's BBQ run, so this meet is a result of those two things.

The skinny:

When: Sat, August 23rd

Where: My Place/Rudy's

Time: 4PM-???

We're going to do the brakes at my place on the 23rd starting at 4ish, then cruise for BBQ after that. I will be supplying some beer, water, and chips, etc. If you're planning on getting really drunk, BYOB though. :) It will probably be hot (we are in Austin, after all), but I do have a garage, chairs, etc.

I'm happy to help with what I can, but I'm not super equipped for installs, although, I could help with a Jazzy install if anyone needs it.

After the brakes are done, and people are ready for BBQ, we'll cruise to the Rudy's on 183. If people prefer a different Rudy's that is fine by me, I just suggested that one, because its fairly close to my place.

Rudy's

11570 Research Blvd.

Austin, TX 78759

Please let me know if you are planning on coming, and I will PM you my address/directions.

Hope to see a lot of you there!

-Aaron

Gary/Rangerman: I'll email you both directions this weekend sometime.

Go Cardinals!

Yeah the Legacy will probably be dropped off at the shop and I don't think I want to show up in a rental. I can't imagine it being a cool car. Last time I had a Sentra with a CVT transmission. It sucked and was as noisy as a lawn mower under acceleration! CVTFTL! Wear a bib next to the Supra! :lol:

Yeah the Legacy will probably be dropped off at the shop and I don't think I want to show up in a rental. I can't imagine it being a cool car. Last time I had a Sentra with a CVT transmission. It sucked and was as noisy as a lawn mower under acceleration! CVTFTL! Wear a bib next to the Supra! :lol:

LOL. I hear ya. I think the Mazda 3 I had for a month was about to kick the bucket. That engine made some strange sounds under acceleration...

NO CVT though... :)

Go Cardinals!

Well I dropped off the car. I had the usual selection of cars at Enterprise. I get $30 a day for a rental car from insurance. So for $0.53 more a day I could get a Pontiac G6. It rides better than a Cobalt or old Malibu that were also choices. It’s still a GM Front Wheel Drive car, so it’s nothing I’d buy but it’s decent. It’s better than that Sentra with a CVT I had.

I'm getting some good feedback on NASIOC. Looks like we may have a few show up! I said 6:30 at Rudy's. That should be plenty of time. We could always go a bit early if we wanted.

Excellent! Glad to see the NASIOC crew will be there as well.

G6 huh? Thats better than the Mazda 3 I had. I'd take that upgrade for $0.53/day as well. Hertz only gave the the choice of a Corolla or the Mazda3. sigh...

At least I finally have my car back now. Although it wasnt without drama. My pickup date of last Friday became this Monday by noon, which turned into Monday by 5PM. On top of that, they damaged the tint on 4 windows. So anyway, I had that fixed and they will be reimbursing me.

Go Cardinals!

Mine was definitely beaten up. My girlfriend has a nice orange metallic mazda 3 with the 2.3L (instead of the 2.0) and leather and the works. It is much nicer than my rental that made strange sounds.

I hope you get back your Legacy sooner than I got mine back

Go Cardinals!

Thanks to those who showed up! Thanks to Aaron for getting this started!

How about that torrential downpour! I went with some of the NASIOC guys who went to that meet off 35 & 620 to go see what's out there. Met some guys from New York there. I'll see if I can go on Tuesday. It was a fun night.

Good times, some good BBQ and a LOT of rain. Hopefully next time we'll actually be able to park near each other since I couldn't even see in the parking lot!

Woodrow's on Tues (parmer-mcneil) sounds like a good time, probably won't make it for a couple weeks but I live really close to there so I'll definitely go.

Archived