LegacyGT.com

Intakes?

wagonmaster87

Intakes seem to be a thing of personal preference over how loud you want your intake noises to be. Short RAM you're going to have really loud ones, CAI not as loud.

I've had the SPT Short RAM and the AEM CAI. the SPT was a screamer. AEM has all the sounds associated with the intake but at a much lower level. Just increases spool sound and BOV sound.

Dunno how things are with power. Never really seen anyone dyno before/after just doing an intake. I test drove the car with an SPT intake, then they took it off before i bought it and i test drove again to see if i still liked it and the car felt a little more sluggish, but could have just been the placebo effect (but i got them to put it back on). Though when I got my Borla CBE I switched to the AEM because I could not hear my exhaust over the SPT.

The CAI's will help with intake air temps for the hot summer days, doesnt seem like ShortRAMs do all that much.

A lot of people will say stick to the stock box under 300whp, which could very well be true. I just wanted that spool/BOV sound after having the car presented to me with the SPT Short RAM...going back to the stock box just felt so silent.

Cobb SF intake requires no corrective tuning.

AVO is an excellent intake and is very easy to tune with.

Injen is a good value and is also a simple tune.

SPT for Legacy has the MAF sensor mounted in a bend. This causes inconsistent performance. We have been trying to get decent mapping for these intakes for quite some time, just to upset the folks trying to get good performance. If you own a SPT intake we suggest throwing it away!

Sean S.

www.RalliTEK.com

Cobb SF intake requires no corrective tuning.

AVO is an excellent intake and is very easy to tune with.

Injen is a good value and is also a simple tune.

SPT for Legacy has the MAF sensor mounted in a bend. This causes inconsistent performance. We have been trying to get decent mapping for these intakes for quite some time, just to upset the folks trying to get good performance. If you own a SPT intake we suggest throwing it away!

Sean S.

www.RalliTEK.com

or selling it! there's always others that want to give it a shot. :)

I have a COBB as well with the box. Sounds good, no real power increases. I will probably end up selling it though, as i have heard mixed reviews on flashing stage I with a CAI or even a aftermarket panel. (You guys heard about running too thin?)

ya the stock intake is good for mods up to 300hp and works just as well as cai. i ran a cai before i got it tuned but wouldn't recommend esp with the ots map.. heard that the cobb cai doesn't need any tweeking but i don't know

I have a COBB as well with the box. Sounds good, no real power increases. I will probably end up selling it though, as i have heard mixed reviews on flashing stage I with a CAI or even a aftermarket panel. (You guys heard about running too thin?)

let me know if you decide to sell it

if you're talking to Rallitek, I asked them about the AEM in another thread and they said it is also easily tuned out.

theres a bunch of AEM thread info. look around...i just searched this morning on how to clean the filter (AEM filter clean) and it gave me some install and review threads too

Does anyone know if there is a cold air intake for my 2004 legacy? I've scoured the interent and magazines but there just doesn't seem to be one. Please help me out and if there isn't one made for my year is there is there another year that would fit?

Archived