LegacyGT.com

'05 -'09 Outback Wagon Cat Back Exhaust

housemusic1

Just wondering who has aftermarket cat back exhaust on their 05-09 Outback Wagon? Beside Nameless Performance, who even makes a cat back system for the Outback Wagon? I can't seem to find anybody besides Nameless that makes a cat back option. Is the Legacy Wagon exhaust the same setup as the Outback Wagon? I know the rear bumpers are slightly different, and would require some mods to make the Legacy exhaust work, but I can't seem to get any solid info on whether or not the Legacy and Outback exhaust are the same. Any help/info would be greatly appreciated.

They are not the same. The Outback muffler tips are turned down, while the GT Wagon tips go straight out the back like a sedan, just a little longer.

I know AVO makes a specific Outback CBE with the turned tips, but it is expensive....super nice, but expensive.

• Moderators

LGT and OBXT exhausts are essentially the same aside from the tips. You could probably take most LGT exhausts and have an exhaust shop swap the tips for turn downs and you would be fine. OR, you can trim the bumper a bit and probably also fit most exhausts. The hangers for the exhausts should all be in the same location.

Unless you are dead set on a specific muffler / exhaust setup, I would honestly just go to a shop and have em make you a custom setup with mufflers and a resonator of your choosing. Probably the cheapest and easiest option overall.

And my exhaust isn't really custom, just prodrives bolted to a stock mid/y and some bumper cutting to fit.

Last note--if you install an exhaust that is short where the tips are and the tips point at any piece of the bumper, it will melt. If the tips touch the bumper but exhaust past the bumper and those tips are double walled, you won't have any issues IME.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

LGT and OBXT exhausts are essentially the same aside from the tips. You could probably take most LGT exhausts and have an exhaust shop swap the tips for turn downs and you would be fine. OR, you can trim the bumper a bit and probably also fit most exhausts. The hangers for the exhausts should all be in the same location.

Unless you are dead set on a specific muffler / exhaust setup, I would honestly just go to a shop and have em make you a custom setup with mufflers and a resonator of your choosing. Probably the cheapest and easiest option overall.

And my exhaust isn't really custom, just prodrives bolted to a stock mid/y and some bumper cutting to fit.

Last note--if you install an exhaust that is short where the tips are and the tips point at any piece of the bumper, it will melt. If the tips touch the bumper but exhaust past the bumper and those tips are double walled, you won't have any issues IME.

Can I pester you for some pics of your rear bumper trim job?

Archived