LegacyGT.com

Wheel and tire combo

funnyman06

Hey guys,

Found a guy on nasioc selling some NT03s in 18x9.5 +40 with a 255/35/18 on them. I was was wondering if they would fit under my LGT with out fender rolling or too much rubbing. Currently sitting on Swifts and Konis.

Thanks,

I know this is a little different, but to give you an idea I'm running a 255/40R18 right now on an 18x8.5 et43 and I was getting a little rubbing in the rear, but pretty much have it sorted out. I'm running negative camber all around, 2.25f/1.75r and have a mild fender roll, no pull.

The main thing I had to do to stop the rubbing was trim that plastic piece that snaps over the front/bottom 1/3 of the rear wheel well, and roll that edge completely flat that's behind it.

• Moderators
I know this is a little different, but to give you an idea I'm running a 255/40R18 right now on an 18x8.5 et43 and I was getting a little rubbing in the rear, but pretty much have it sorted out. I'm running negative camber all around, 2.25f/1.75r and have a mild fender roll, no pull.

The main thing I had to do to stop the rubbing was trim that plastic piece that snaps over the front/bottom 1/3 of the rear wheel well, and roll that edge completely flat that's behind it.

You had 255/40r18's and didn't have to do any fender work for the fronts? I tried on 245/45r18s (+48 wheel) and it looked like I would need some pretty significant fender work up front. I know that's a "taller" size, but with the decreased width I would imagine overall fitment to be somewhat similar...

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I know, I was pretty surprised too, but I've done absolutely nothing to the front at all, zero rolling or trimming, with -2.25 it just fits perfectly, granted I'm not super low, probably about 1" below stock, maybe 1-1/4".

On my OBXT with the exact same wheel/tire setup I had to do a lot of work on the front fenders to get them to fit, rolling, trimming the flares, and trimming the wheel well liner. I think the main difference for me was that the OBXT was a tad lower, and the AVO caster bushings were pressed in my LCA's at max caster, plus the caster I got from the camber plates. Right now I have the WL adjustable caster bushings, and they're not maxed out, I'm running exactly 7.0 degrees on each side.

But yes, I was surprised too.

Archived