LegacyGT.com

Issue with 2010 Legacy GT with Harmon/Kardon w bluetooth & SPT Boost Gauge

rick2010

On my two week old 2010 Legacy GT there seems to be an issue between the harman / kardon premium system with hands free bluetooth and the SPT Boost Gauge (H501SAJ200).

On Friday afternoon I had a STi short throw shifter and the SPT turbo boost gauge installed. I drove home with out using the hands free phone as I was having fun with the boost guage. Saturday afternoon after noon after a bike ride I tried to use the buttons on the steering without any connection to the phone.

Monday I called the dealership and was told to bring the car back in they would check it out. I had been waiting only a few minutes when I was called back to the bays and had a discussion with the tech who had done the installation the previous Friday.

He had gone back through the installation guidelines to double check that every thing was connected as it was supposed to be.

Then he showed me the issue, the instructions called for the boost gauge to to be plugged directly into the back on the radio/head unit and then the wires from the buttons on the steering wheel plugged into the boost gauge plug.

As soon as the tech pulled the jumber from the boost guage out and plugged the wiring harness from the steering bundle back into the head unit the hands free worked perfectly again.

The tech said he would have to get with SOA tech service to try and find a solution and it could a few hours or a few days.

Have any of you artists with electronics came accros this issue and how did you resolve it.

Currently the hands free functions are working but I got a beatiful but dead boost gauge sitting on my dash.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I know I should never bought the new generation but I am getting ready for a cross country trip and really wanted the additional room and comfort.

Rick:spin:

bad install, the tech can tell you all day that they followed everything to the T, but he probably tapped the wrong wire...

but the wire he is tapping is the power...so quick solution...tap it somewhere else, cigarette lighter is probably the easiest

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Archived