LegacyGT.com

my Subaru will beat with a Buick heart!

did a 6 hour stint of work on the beast.

finally changed the motor mounts to cavalier table bushing. excelent car drives like its completely stock.

took all my exhaust off fixed the crack i had, moved a pipe a tiny bit it was close to the frame and it would rub sometimes with lots of throttle.

and headderwraped the headders cross-under, up pipe and downpipe.

that stuff seams to smoke for a good while .. started the car let run for 25 min started smoking realy bad and even the ride home it would still smoke at stop signs/ traffic lights.

IMG_3239.thumb.jpg.6c4afdbe6059c2f1216f669e679653f2.jpg

Edited by frank_ster

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha yea!

If I worked at Subaru I would make the 5 eat rwd with clutch packs for fwd

Build the car with 3.6 h6 turbo and a big one !!

Off switch for awd

Off switch for stability management

Even the manual one be rwd with clutch packs for the fwd. The opposite of the old subarus that were 4wd

6 mt tranny with a wicked over drive

And make sure who ever designed the 5 th gen gets his ass canned!

Bring back the legacy wagon!!

And maybe even make a spec b wagon:)

Make it into a fun kick ass car

This.Post.Has.Serious.Vulcan.Mind.Meld.With.Me

I've been saying this for years. Some thoughts way back to the SVX days with the EJ33.

My thing is, why not built a BIG ute or a pickup truck?

I keep getting stuck having to buy the Big-3 when it comes to trucks. Yeah, the new Tundras are pretty awesome. OK, the 3 American diesels are fun, but all have weaknesses and can break and cost you as much or more to repair than buying a Legacy GT outright... especially if you had it modded to hell and destroy it under warranty, Ford/GM/Dodge tell you to go F yourself.

So, Subaru needs to build a light-duty pickup with the STi EJ257 type power with option for 3.6,

then a medium duty p/u that has a 3.6L turbo, and for the love of all things considered good in the universe, a big nasty Boxer turbodiesel!!!

I will buy one without even seeing it, looking at the interior, etc.

Then, there's the sleeper wagon that Subaru needs to build again. Granted, they went a different direction with the 2010+ Legacy/Outback, but why not make a lower wagon that is ready to roll with the rest of the fast crowd? The 3.6 is nice and smooth, but maybe I just don't know enough about the long-term results so far with the 2010+ with the turbo relocated to the front/lower instead of being in the hot-cave behind the #3 cylinder.

So, FTW...

Subaru 1000 pickup with 2.5 STi guts with front/lower turbo position, big FMIC and big ram air intake stock, RWD option selectable. Choose beefy 5EAT or 6MT. Option engine is the 3.6 beefed up for some more power due to intake/exhaust.

Subaru 2000 pickup with 3.6 turbo motor, and I mean a big VGT turbo or something that will provide the grunt early but sing up top. Get with the big boys who are making 6, 7 and 8 speed ATs nowadays (umm, the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the ecodiesel or whatever they're calling it?). Honestly this truck could probably be the size of a regular Chevy 1500 or F-150. But don't leave out a built 6MT as an option, maybe with a granny low gear too and/or ridiculous OD top cog. Optional engine would be an H6 turbodiesel?????

Subaru Outback GT wagon, call it spec.C orjust make it an STi that is big enough to actually take camping/vacation please? This is why the 5-door WRX/STI is not in my garage already, and could never be based on dogs and family size.

While I'm at it? Bring back a mid-size of GT Touring coupe. I still think the 2.5RS body was the best rally-inspired-looking car they ever brought to the USA. Just my favorite Subaru based on looks alone. But that's just me. Make it an STi coupe version instead? Or just contract with Holden for the body and put a Subaru driveline config in the Commodore/GTO or whatever hahaha

Oh, if I had the time to build a fabbed car like this.

Sorry to get OT on the Buick... while I've seen the old 241's in Jeeps all over the place, the 3.8 Turbo in various configs is a great motor and I wish I would've seen this post about 3 years ago!

My wrap ( not installed yet ) says it will smoke up to 45 minutes :lol: what brand is yours?

It'll smoke a lot longer than that if you do it right. You're supposed to cover it with silicone spray.

Mine smoked for a week.. although I guess it depends on how much, or how hard you drive your car.;)

It'll smoke a lot longer than that if you do it right. You're supposed to cover it with silicone spray.

Mine smoked for a week.. although I guess it depends on how much, or how hard you drive your car.;)

well i have headders than up pipe and cross under .. and down pipe ..

headers smoke first then up and cross under and tehn evenually the downpipe will get hot enough so it will probably smell for a week.

Right now it's stock.

On the lift if I accelerate slowly the front doesn't engage

If I flick the throttle the front will engage

I love a brake stand launching towards your garage...serious confidence!!!:)

bad a$$ though...I wonder how much extra it would cost Subaru to put in a little switch like that right out of the factory?

I love a brake stand launching towards your garage...serious confidence!!!:)

bad a$$ though...I wonder how much extra it would cost Subaru to put in a little switch like that right out of the factory?

well the basis is i removed the center differential.

any 5 eat could do that with the center diff removed.

so now the car has 100/100 torque split. front being limited to the maximum torqu of the transfer clutches. that probably being about 1000 ft lbs as is.

but considering the torque leaving the trans mission being nearly 3000 ft lbs currently.

as for brake standing next to a garage .. uh meh .. i did huge smoke shows with my camaro while parked with 1 car in front about 2 feet away and cars on either side.. good old line lock !

Edited by frank_ster

• 3 weeks later...
well the basis is i removed the center differential.

any 5 eat could do that with the center diff removed.

so now the car has 100/100 torque split. front being limited to the maximum torqu of the transfer clutches. that probably being about 1000 ft lbs as is.

but considering the torque leaving the trans mission being nearly 3000 ft lbs currently.

as for brake standing next to a garage .. uh meh .. i did huge smoke shows with my camaro while parked with 1 car in front about 2 feet away and cars on either side.. good old line lock !

Frank, could the 4speed in the fozzys do this as well? Or is this just a mod limited to the 5eat?

This.Post.Has.Serious.Vulcan.Mind.Meld.With.Me

I've been saying this for years. Some thoughts way back to the SVX days with the EJ33.

My thing is, why not built a BIG ute or a pickup truck?

I keep getting stuck having to buy the Big-3 when it comes to trucks. Yeah, the new Tundras are pretty awesome. OK, the 3 American diesels are fun, but all have weaknesses and can break and cost you as much or more to repair than buying a Legacy GT outright... especially if you had it modded to hell and destroy it under warranty, Ford/GM/Dodge tell you to go F yourself.

So, Subaru needs to build a light-duty pickup with the STi EJ257 type power with option for 3.6,

then a medium duty p/u that has a 3.6L turbo, and for the love of all things considered good in the universe, a big nasty Boxer turbodiesel!!!

I will buy one without even seeing it, looking at the interior, etc.

Then, there's the sleeper wagon that Subaru needs to build again. Granted, they went a different direction with the 2010+ Legacy/Outback, but why not make a lower wagon that is ready to roll with the rest of the fast crowd? The 3.6 is nice and smooth, but maybe I just don't know enough about the long-term results so far with the 2010+ with the turbo relocated to the front/lower instead of being in the hot-cave behind the #3 cylinder.

So, FTW...

Subaru 1000 pickup with 2.5 STi guts with front/lower turbo position, big FMIC and big ram air intake stock, RWD option selectable. Choose beefy 5EAT or 6MT. Option engine is the 3.6 beefed up for some more power due to intake/exhaust.

Subaru 2000 pickup with 3.6 turbo motor, and I mean a big VGT turbo or something that will provide the grunt early but sing up top. Get with the big boys who are making 6, 7 and 8 speed ATs nowadays (umm, the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the ecodiesel or whatever they're calling it?). Honestly this truck could probably be the size of a regular Chevy 1500 or F-150. But don't leave out a built 6MT as an option, maybe with a granny low gear too and/or ridiculous OD top cog. Optional engine would be an H6 turbodiesel?????

Subaru Outback GT wagon, call it spec.C orjust make it an STi that is big enough to actually take camping/vacation please? This is why the 5-door WRX/STI is not in my garage already, and could never be based on dogs and family size.

While I'm at it? Bring back a mid-size of GT Touring coupe. I still think the 2.5RS body was the best rally-inspired-looking car they ever brought to the USA. Just my favorite Subaru based on looks alone. But that's just me. Make it an STi coupe version instead? Or just contract with Holden for the body and put a Subaru driveline config in the Commodore/GTO or whatever hahaha

Oh, if I had the time to build a fabbed car like this.

Sorry to get OT on the Buick... while I've seen the old 241's in Jeeps all over the place, the 3.8 Turbo in various configs is a great motor and I wish I would've seen this post about 3 years ago!

They kinda did with the baja. IMO, they just didn't make the baja good enough looking to sell it. I would love to have a baja as a DD, they are just still really pricy for what they are. I just can't justify their prices for the age. Anyway, I do agree. I still want a Maloo. But sadly, I'm in america where we are stuck with the idiot Big three that refuse to import the full holden line. Same with ford and the falcon.

Frank, could the 4speed in the fozzys do this as well? Or is this just a mod limited to the 5eat?

There is a 8 or 9 second imprezza with a 4 eat with the rwd/4wd mod on YouTube somewhere.

However I don't know if its the 4eat vdc model that has a center diff very similar to the 5eat. Or if its a regular 4 eat.

I do have a 4 eat at home I could pull apart and look into it but I can't say when I can get to it as I am backed up on other projects already.

So to clairify a 4 eat vdc model can have this mod.

Regular 4 eat I don't know yet

There is a 8 or 9 second imprezza with a 4 eat with the rwd/4wd mod on YouTube somewhere.

However I don't know if its the 4eat vdc model that has a center diff very similar to the 5eat. Or if its a regular 4 eat.

I do have a 4 eat at home I could pull apart and look into it but I can't say when I can get to it as I am backed up on other projects already.

So to clairify a 4 eat vdc model can have this mod.

Regular 4 eat I don't know yet

Thank you kind sir. My fiancee has a FXT so I might look into this when we buy her a new car and I use the FXT as a daily driver.

Thank you kind sir. My fiancee has a FXT so I might look into this when we buy her a new car and I use the FXT as a daily driver.

this is the sti i posted in post # 188 in this thread

you see it doing a burnout. but also notice it has slicks on the front wheels.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxrWLysvC9s&playnext=1&feature=grec_index&list=TLlY1-3LxwF6k]Worlds Fastest Stock Chassis AWD 4CYL Subaru WRX STI - 8.358@163.16 MPH - YouTube[/ame]

Aussies kick azz at lighting up tires.

Ref: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYeBHtoxs7g]727 Cubic Inches and Australian Tire Smoke! - Roadkill Episode 10 - YouTube[/ame]

That 8 second WRX is baddddddd

^^^ they drink alot of beer and say... hummm it could fit

Same times your best ideas come to you after you had a few. But there's a fine line in taking the edge off & going one too many. When those ideas can turn out badly.

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

so i took apart a regular 4 eat and yes it definately looks possible to do the rwd 4wd swap. tiny bit of machining and shafts need to be welded together.

so i took apart a regular 4 eat and yes it definately looks possible to do the rwd 4wd swap. tiny bit of machining and shafts need to be welded together.

Thanks frank. I appreciate you looking into this for me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The next question - is it possible to upgrade a 4EAT to VTD if it doesn't have it? And further - a CVT to VTD?

I suspect that it would be hard to upgrade to DCCD.

453747.png