LegacyGT.com

$400 ebay exhaust

biz77

Have at it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06-Subaru-Legacy-GT-Turbo-Catback-Exhaust-Dual_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33630QQihZ017QQitemZ270055842064QQrdZ1#ebayphotohosting

Looks pretty decent, but I bet it's loud. The WRX and STi folks have had pretty good success with both intercoolers and exhaust systems off of ebay vendors similar to this. I just wanted to put it out there.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100% SUS-304 Stainless Steel with computerized mandrel-bent

-Tip size is 3" inch 3" to 2x 2.5" piping

- CNC machine flanges for strong solid support

- TIG weld for strength and durability

- 3 stage polish shine like a mirror

- Increase 20-30 horse power and torque

- Straight thru design and bolt-on installation

My initial guess is that it's gonna be loud, too....and perhaps a little harsh, also - no resonator that I can see.

But that may be deceptive, as the canisters are certainly large enough that they should be able to support a decent amount of packing.

Dunno about the noise aspect....

--

The other definite "dunno" is gotta be the power claims. It'll take a "Stage II" vehicle, at least (and maybe even a "cooperative" dyno), to make such a power-jump reproduceable - this has been proven countless times with many different systems on many different LGTer's cars. On an otherwise stock vehicle, I'll believe it when I see the test results.

A further point of "hummmm?" with the claimed power increases would be that with the bends that this particular exhaust sees, I'm wondering if such results will be possible, even at "Stage II" levels - most of the higher-HP/TQ producing exhausts have a much more "free" radiused bend at the Y-to-canisters junction.

--

One thing's for-sure, though.

This thing is definitely priced very competitively.

And heck, brother Boostjunkie, don't get me wrong :) - this isn't a bash on your nor on Megan's products, you know how often I've stated that I really like Megan products, going well back into my DSM days - but I do remember buying Megan parts at some fire-sale prices off eBay just a couple of years ago.

Maybe this is the beginning of another such start-up?

I guess we'll all have to wait and see?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

This same outfit (X02RACING) also just started selling full length downpipes for $169.00 on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06-Subaru-Legacy-GT-Turbo-Down-Pipe-MT-Only_W0QQitemZ270055979732QQihZ017QQcategoryZ6763QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They have a very good feedback rating. It's probably not COBB quality but not total junk either.

It looks like the market for LGT aftermarket parts is finally starting to catch up with WRX parts.

I think they Legacy forums should have a mystery shopper. You know, they will buy the parts for the shopper to try out, and then they will write a report on the forums for everyone to see. Stuff like what they think about the product, if it's worth the money, customer service, etc. I'll go ahead and volunteer for this. :lol:

i have it on my car that is the place where i get my car parts from if anyone have heard my car i have the exhaust on. sound great but right now still need to get the dp fit right they are working on it. but everything works great and no problems at all.

Archived