LegacyGT.com

Last weekend The rpm's on my 1990 subaru legacy awd jumped as much as 2000 (from 2500-3000 to 4500)for a couple of seconds before returning to normal when I was going at speeds of 65-70mph or more on the freeway..... I drove about 55 home to keep this from happening....haven't been on the freeway since....any guesses?

I had a similar problem. Is your cruise control switched on? My cruise doesn't work, but on two occasions it got switched on somehow, and when I was coming to a stop the car suddenly started revving really high by itself. Not sure of the exact cause, only that in my case it's related to the cruise control.

I had a similar problem. Is your cruise control switched on? My cruise doesn't work, but on two occasions it got switched on somehow, and when I was coming to a stop the car suddenly started revving really high by itself. Not sure of the exact cause, only that in my case it's related to the cruise control.

are u sure u werent driving a prius by accident?... aww too soon?:cool: sorry toyota lolz

Poor Toyota...such a good run with cars like the 2000GT (one of my favorite cars of all time), the RWD Corolla's and Celica's of the mid 80's, the Supra and the Celica GT4, not to mention the Japanese specific Soarer and Altezza. Also that sweet freakin Toyovan! What a shame :( I doubt they'll survive this stuff *sigh*

Archived