LegacyGT.com

3D Printing Development Thread

Did you look into angling these towards the driver?

Can't with the 3 gauge pod. Simply not enough room.

Will these be available for sale?

Yeah. I never heard back from testers but mine continues to work. Just pm me and I'll send the info

Edited by discojon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update:

The Gauge Pods are now available!!

There are two versions, one that will take 2 52mm round gauges and a post accessory like the accessport; and one that will take 3 52mm gauges.

Due to a bad price point judgment call on my part and the fact that I am still working on improving the quality of the prints, the price on these is now $50 + $5 shipping.

The 3D model is not currently for sale.

I have 2 3-pod units available for immediate shipping and will try to maintain that level of inventory on both units.

Please watch the For Sale Section for the listings.

FWIW, I bet you could make the dashboard rattle stopper in a group buy with great success.

Another thing would be saggy butt spacers. I have this already CADed and it fits perfect (I made some by hand previously for myself and another member).

I don't trust plastic as a suspension component. Sorry.

A DRS stage2 is in the works.

Awesome design, I can't make my dash rattle now:eek: thx so much, discojon!!

Glad you like it. I am working on a rattle stopper that includes an integrated printed tension bar to adjust for dash expansion due to thermal load.

The v1 drs is 5$ shipped btw

Sneak peek. We are so close to production. Just a small spacer away.

This was a test print, that's why the middle is out. But it gives me an idea, single DIN mounting option anyone.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/13/6676112f2bd3a7f8f07cdff66dab0c55.jpg

You know....in looking at this photo and your mention of single din dash mount, wouldn't this be a grand place to mount a very nice stereo system, keep the door on the cubby so it can be hidden, and then have the entire lower portion of the dash between this bezel and the climate controls for ANYTHING you wanted to install there? Gauges, Navigation, Refrigerator, etc. :)

You know....in looking at this photo and your mention of single din dash mount, wouldn't this be a grand place to mount a very nice stereo system, keep the door on the cubby so it can be hidden, and then have the entire lower portion of the dash between this bezel and the climate controls for ANYTHING you wanted to install there? Gauges, Navigation, Refrigerator, etc. :)

Unfortunately to mount this the entire cubby pocket and door gets removed.

A single din mount should be doable though.

Unfortunately to mount this the entire cubby pocket and door gets removed.

A single din mount should be doable though.

And the single din mount stereo would be hidden behind the door, which is not a bad thing. Think of the canvas you would have where the current stereo is though. You would have a lot of room to do custom fitment of a lot of cool things.

Just a thought. ;)

Has there ever been a company that makes scoops for our cars? I feel I need more air.

ZeroSports, r-Rev and one other company (whose name escapes me) made extensions/replacements.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

• I Donated
I am still planning on working on a defrost vent pod soon.

Any other ideas for printed items?

For a little while there was interest in a vent pod option like Jeremy had, one that fits inside the far left vent pod. I'll see if I can find pictures of what I mean, but I would be very interested in one of those. He didn't end up selling them because the material they used didn't stand up to heat as well as he thought they would, but it sounds like you're using a more durable material.

Edit: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/dash-vent-gauge-pod-211772.html?t=211772

Edited by bucko3the7man

For a little while there was interest in a vent pod option like Jeremy had, one that fits inside the far left vent pod. I'll see if I can find pictures of what I mean, but I would be very interested in one of those. He didn't end up selling them because the material they used didn't stand up to heat as well as he thought they would, but it sounds like you're using a more durable material.

Edit: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/dash-vent-gauge-pod-211772.html?t=211772

I sent him a PM asking for permission to use his design. I'll update with what I hear