LegacyGT.com

Trade up program?

Bob N

Anyone use the trade up program to get their Legacy? I traded in my WRX 2003 (22,000) for 18,200 to get a GT. Local dealer couldn't believe it. I punched in my Vehicle ID on the SOA website and boom 18,200 popped up.

I did. Without it, I probably would still be driving my WRX. Mine was a 1st allocation WRX, delivered March 01, so it's 3.5 years old, with 45K miles. $14,800. Since my car was driven pretty hard - not abused, but driven hard - on many race tracks, winter rally school, a few trips down the quarter-mile, etc... I definitely would be very lucky to get about $12,500 for my car. The local dealer certainly wasn't happy about the price, but they're also glad to have more used WRXes to sell, and to get people into the dealership.

Yep. Traded my 03 WRX with over 46,000 miles. Would have been $17,800, but mileage deduction brought it down to around 16,500. Still pretty good trade value compared to the market. Without that program, I would not have a legacy either.

Yep. I traded in my '03 WRX wagon for a new GT Limited Wagon. GTP guaranteed $17.4k as long as I was under 40k miles. Odometer had 39,938 when I traded it in. :-) Had it not been for the trade-in program, I'd still be driving it. Someone mentioned that their dealer wasn't happy about giving them the money. Tough. That number is guaranteed by SOA. SOA is buying the car at that number. The dealer isn't on the hook for anything so they shouldn't care. They should be happy that SOA is helping them move cars out the door.

[quote name='Bob N']Your right about the dealer being off the hook. My dealer said he didn't care and also mentioned he probaly couldn't even sell it for what I traded it in on.[/QUOTE] Yep. Same here. Dealer said that he would have offered my like $4k less than SOA. Being that SOA was guranteeing the price, most dealers won't give you a dime more than what SOA promises (unlike what the GTP rules mention for exceptionally clean low mileage cars).

i too would still be driving my 03 WRX sedan if not for the GTP program. funny, an 03 with 12,500 miles you figure would be worth quite a bit more than the GUARANTEED 17,550..but that's what i got for it. it's cool though, seeing as the headlights were cracked in the back, the rear O² sensor didn't work, the glove compartment was DESTROYED, and the bumper was totally mauled from an FMIC. m'eh, still, a GREAT idea by SOA.

[quote name='Xaqtly']I didn't, I sold my WRX privately rather than trade it in. The dealer said they'd give me $18k for my WRX in trade, I sold it for $20k.[/QUOTE] You got lucky. Was this a 2004 WRX with like 2k miles on it? I paid $22,500 for a brand new one in 03.

I used the GTP program despite being well over the mileage limit, my '02 WRX wagon had 78,500 since 9/01. The dealer showed me the SOA formula for the extra mileage deduction did the math in front of me, and made it very easy for me to drive away two days later in my new black GT "real size" wagon.

I would not have been in the market for a new vehicle if it were not for the GTP and low APR offered this past month. I am now the proud owner of a Legacy GT with the same monthly payment as I had for my 03 WRX. SOA rocks

I have an '03 WRX wagon we have been trying to sell. GTP was $17200, whichh we would take, but no dealer on the east coast has an LGT Limited Wagon with Charcoal, 5sp, and white paint. Heck....Limited's with 5sp are rare period around this area. GTP ends today....you have to take delivery from dealer's stock. Driving up in a few minutes to see what straight up trade value is, since my LGT won't be in until this weekend. Ouch....gonna hurt.

Archived