LegacyGT.com

Buyer's remorse

So I bought my 2008 Legacy 3.0R in November of last year and righ tnow I'm going through some buyers remorse. I really really wish I had gone with the GT for the modability and now I'm mad that I didn't. Do I even have the option to trade it in without it killing my wallet every month. I got a pretty good deal on the car and now I am really considering trading it on an '08 GT. I don't know what to do though cuase I'm never gonna get the value of it back and car value is about 4k below the loan left amount so it's not wise to trade.

On the other hand though I really want the GT. What do you guys think. Should I just wait it out a few years then trade for the GT or what should I do.

heres the thing. grass is always gonna be greener.

IMO just enjoy it. after you spend money to get the LGT you'll also then spend money to mod it. if you're made out of cash go for it. otherwise..

i dont believing in owning the same car twice. variety is good, spice up your life :p

what i would recommend doing is checking out a miata......... :p

car for sale. PM me!

Yea I think I'm just gonna keep it. I love the car but hate that I can't mod it performance wise. I guess I'll take the cash and spend it on my '66 mustang. I always forget that I have that car I guess. My legacy is my DD and my mustang is my cruiser. Just gotta remember that sometimes.

Yea I think I'm just gonna keep it. I love the car but hate that I can't mod it performance wise. I guess I'll take the cash and spend it on my '66 mustang. I always forget that I have that car I guess. My legacy is my DD and my mustang is my cruiser. Just gotta remember that sometimes.

You already have a second fun car??! If you only had the 3.0 and were upset with your purchase I'd say go for it (that is, if you have money to burn and enjoy taking a bath on trading in new cars), but you have a classic Mustang to cruise around in.

Keep the 3.0.

My other car is my wife's Caravan... hence my need to have a modded turbo Subaru.:lol:;)

I think you've got a great car, I wouldn't sweat that it's not the GT. You have the Bilstein shocks, so a decent OEM suspension. Plus, the H6 really is a unique engine! Flat configuration, and 245HP from only 3.0l isn't bad at all.

So I bought my 2008 Legacy 3.0R in November of last year and righ tnow I'm going through some buyers remorse. I really really wish I had gone with the GT for the modability and now I'm mad that I didn't. Do I even have the option to trade it in without it killing my wallet every month. I got a pretty good deal on the car and now I am really considering trading it on an '08 GT. I don't know what to do though cuase I'm never gonna get the value of it back and car value is about 4k below the loan left amount so it's not wise to trade.

On the other hand though I really want the GT. What do you guys think. Should I just wait it out a few years then trade for the GT or what should I do.

Chill until at least after the winter. Replacing the OEM tires will make it handle much better. As others have said, once you rolled out of the showroom you're locked in for a few years unless you want to take a financial beating.

After a year or two it will be easy to swap out, and you'll have gotten some use out of it. And who knows what else will be available then?

Took a co-worker with a modified WRX on a run at the autocross last week. His car is pushing 300 whp. I asked him, "Boy, my car must have felt slow between the gates." But that wasn't what impressed him: he said, "Wow, you have tons of low rpm torque." You're not driving a penalty box!

The LGT is a nice car but the lower ground clearance and low aspect ratio tires are not the hot setup for winter use, so console yourself with that!

It could be much worse. You could be 55 and have three kids.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_xAIIuE12I]YouTube - Subaru Outback Wagon Autocross[/ame]

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Mod the Stang, upgrade the brakes to discs all around, lower the car, add sway bars, gears and a locker, supercharge the engine and for all around better driveability swap in a T5.

The Stang has.

-302 with T-5

-cable clutch conversion

-9" with 3.70's

-4 wheel power disc brakes adapted from an 05-09 mustang

-fully upgraded suspension with lowering springs and KYB shocks.

It's really a great ride but sometimes I wish I had the modern comforts in it. It is after all a 42 year old car. I'll throw some pics up sometime for you guys. The body is the most lacking part of it.

As a couple of others have already said... Turbo that thing!!!

No, but seriously... Turbo it :) If your upset about not getting the GT (for whatever reason) then just make yourself into a GT, but with a better engine to do it with. The H6 is a good engine and if you havent seen, wasnt it PDX that did the turbo'd H6 and got some pretty insane power from it? Turbo'd 6... Mmmmm

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

the 3.0r is an awesome car, i sometimes wonder if i shoulda gotten that car instead of my GT. As far as mods go dont they have a supercharger kit for the h6? I bet that would change your mind about getting a gt.

if the stock mrkt aint the way the it is, i can tell you very soon :mad:

the 3.0r is an awesome car, i sometimes wonder if i shoulda gotten that car instead of my GT. As far as mods go dont they have a supercharger kit for the h6? I bet that would change your mind about getting a gt.
Eggenfellner makes an H6 for aircraft that is either supercharged or turbocharged.

But it might be more entertaining to get a 3.6L from a Tribeca.

Someday - SOMEDAY - maybe the US will have a SpecB 3.6 wagon with manual, but don't hold your breath.....

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Just wait until the squeaks and rattles start in. Then you'll really regret it.:lol:

I would keep it, in a couple years when you get your GT you will enjoy it that much more.

Its how things happened with me, I got a 2.5RS and really wanted a WRX but now a couple years later I got the Legacy and am way happier than if I would have settled with the WRX at the time.

^ n00bs below this line

Eggenfellner makes an H6 for aircraft that is either supercharged or turbocharged.

But it might be more entertaining to get a 3.6L from a Tribeca.

Someday - SOMEDAY - maybe the US will have a SpecB 3.6 wagon with manual, but don't hold your breath.....

But maybe it's worth to spend more on other things than the engine - like on suspension/brakes first.

The H6 may not have the same butt dyno acceleration that the GT has but instead have a smoother torque curve and that may actually give you an advantage in some cases.

453747.png

Archived