LegacyGT.com

2008 Grille/bumper removal, help!

xVern

Everything I'm seeing says two pop-its, four clips, and remove. One process mentions "finagling" until the bottom clips come out.

Well, i believe those bottom clips exists, but i've been finagling for a damn diddly hour.

Maybe i should take off the bumper? I guess i wanted to clear my headlights anyways. Is the process the same for 05-07 as it is for 08-09?

I believe their are screws that need to be removed as well on the 08-09 with differs from the 05-07 i think. I have an 08 and in of the screws was so stripped I had to cut it off. Best bet it to remove bumper makes accessing the bottom screw much easier but it is possible to remove the grill with the bumper on. A mirror and a flashlight really help as well as small hands(which I don't have)

• 3 weeks later...
Everything I'm seeing says two pop-its, four clips, and remove. One process mentions "finagling" until the bottom clips come out.

Well, i believe those bottom clips exists, but i've been finagling for a damn diddly hour.

Maybe i should take off the bumper? I guess i wanted to clear my headlights anyways. Is the process the same for 05-07 as it is for 08-09?

It's really easy just use brute force and you dont really need all those clips, 4 8 zip ties will do the job

There is a popit in each wheel-well where the bumper and fender meet.

There are popits along the bottom of the bumper.

There are popits and two bolts in the top of the grille.

Tremove the grille and bumper together, then separate them if neccessary. Reassemble them and reinstall grille/bumper as one piece.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

• 2 weeks later...

Archived