LegacyGT.com

Tips for new owner 07 GT Ltd

If timing belt hasn't been done yet you are almost due.. I just bought an 07 with 53k on it and im liking the car so far. Just oil changes and a 60k service plus a turbo back exhaust and an accessport etuned and im happy so far car runs great

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

Major fluids change out is every 30,000 miles. Subaru Extra-S is the preferred fluid for the MT's and diff's.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Become a AAA member.

Don't just keep the oil full; use good oil, too. It sounds like Rotella T6 is considered the best option in it's price range for our cars. Yes, it is marketed as a diesel oil. No, that's not a problem. Change your oil every 3k miles.

I don't know about the '07 models, but in the '05 models at least, getting a tune can save you from a cracked piston or ring. The factory tune runs two extra degrees of timing in cylinders 2 and 4 (because 4 is closest to the knock/detonation sensor). As a bonus, a tune makes it more fun to drive.

Don't use cheap gas; use at least 91 octane.

Check out the ROMRaider forums/logging software and LearningView.

Get a compression test.

JB weld or "Bulletproof" your intercooler ends.

If your car ever starts to run with no power suddenly, and the CEL comes on (and the codes are P0011 or P0022), turn off your car immediately and have it towed.

Be proactive about your car's maintenance. Don't wait for something to go wrong to fix things you know will need replacing. Take care of your car, and your car will... probably break anyway, but oh well. ;)

^ LOL good post.

At 190K I'm waiting for the next thing...last week I had my buddies body shop replace the wire harness to the hatch on the wagon.

Cleaned the MAF sensor on Sunday, sprayed it over a white cloth. nothing came out.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Just joined it, sounds fun. What time on the 14th? I didn't see that in the thread.

I'm thinking 10am we will meet, then have lunch and discuss cruise options of where to go from there... It's not set in stone yet, I'm having trouble tracking down the GM of twin peaks to get permission to use the lot.

Archived