LegacyGT.com

Funny noise when under load condition

Hello,

I know it's been a while since I have been on this forum. But that's a testament of the last 8 years of the reliability of this car. I now have 132K on my 2005 GT and I have a very annoying noise coming from the engine bay. It sounds exactly like when you blow through a blade of grass clamped between your thumbs. It get worse when I hit the gas. It's not constant, only under acceleration. The more I accelerate the louder it gets, ease off the gas and it fades away. At first I thought it was the turbo going south but it seems to be coming from the drivers side of the engine. Then the AC started to go so I looked in to the compressor and there was a bit of clutch dust and what not so I changed it out as well as the idler pulley (cheaper than a turbo replacement)....still makes the noise. I can't duplicate the noise when the car is sitting still, only when the car is going down the road and when I start to accelerate. It does not make the noise when the car decelerates.

I have replaced the starter, timing belt, water pump, belts, hoses and some other things in the last 15K-25K miles so the only things left that could make a noise like this with bearings would be the power steering pump, alternator, or the turbo...am I missing something?

I was just wondering if any of you folks have had anything similar happen and what was the fix action?

Thanks a bunch.

Chris

• 10 months later...

Archived