LegacyGT.com

Cel - p2096 help!!!!!

TravisGT

Ok, just bought an 05 LGT with 56,000 miles on it. Had to drive 300 miles to get (none around here plus I think I got a good deal.) Anyhow, on the way home the check engine came on. I checked it and it is P2096 post catalyst fuel trim too lean. I have been told everything from bad Catalytic converter, O2 sensor, and vacuum leak. The car is completely stock. At idle it isn't smooth for sure. RPM's seem low as well. Sometimes it will backfire badly, almost falling on its face and other times it is a little hesitant through the RPM range. Dealership has been no help at all. The only thing they say is that whatever it is, it is not under powertrain warranty!!!! I am so confused on what to do.

I have been told a few things to do (ex. anti-foulers) but the car is stock and I want to know what is wrong, not how to get around it or hide it. All the threads i have seen for this code were for stage 1 and 2 mods. New to the Subies so have some patience with me. Any help would be appreciated.

I put a new rear O2 sensor in and it seems to be doing much better, however, I still think the cat is Kaput. It still doesn't seem to have full power, like it is being held back. Probably just say piss on it and get an aftermarket DP with a high flow cat.

Archived