LegacyGT.com

DIY: 15'+ DRL Disable

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rayms69
I looked too, didn't see it. Im almost to my weekend and will have more time after tomorrow to investigate. Its tucked in there somewhere.

The last pic I see the resistor box with black wire point up just under that main plug to the headlight. Trace it from the resistor box under it with three black wires. You'll need to unplug that main plug to get better access, it should be tucked on the bottom from it around 4-8"away from main plug.

16' Legacy Mods: 55w HID + XB35 5500k, LEDS upgrades, XB Type T Fog, 20mm SB.

Custom Footwell Illiminate Kit; http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/15-legacy-outback-footwell-illumination-kit-237567.html

did this tonight after work. I did NOT need to pull the first connector shown. After owning 2 WRXs and a forester there's SO MUCH ROOM in there it was cake! :lol:

anyway, after pulling it how are you guys driving with just the C-LEDs on? Parking light mode basically? If I go full on the lows are on (duh!) with the LEDs. If I go auto everything is either off or on, but not just the Cs from what I can tell. Not sure what the position below off does. But in the second from the top (what I'd call parking) you get the C-LEDs lit w/o the high beam DRLs. This is what I want and it looks amazing, I was just wondering if the switch positions made sense.

this is what it looks like now with it in D with the lights in the "parking" mode:

http://i.imgur.com/KrN0CL5.jpg

that shot was taken in P with the lights in the parking spot, but as soon as I'd shift to D the high beams would come on at low wattage.

did this tonight after work. I did not need to pull the first connector shown. After owning 2 wrxs and a forester there's so much room in there it was cake! :lol:

Anyway, after pulling it how are you guys driving with just the c-leds on? Parking light mode basically? If i go full on the lows are on (duh!) with the leds. If i go auto everything is either off or on, but not just the cs from what i can tell. Not sure what the position below off does. But in the second from the top (what i'd call parking) you get the c-leds lit w/o the high beam drls. This is what i want and it looks amazing, i was just wondering if the switch positions made sense.

That shot was taken in p with the lights in the parking spot, but as soon as i'd shift to d the high beams would come on at low wattage.

huh????

• 4 weeks later...
Guest rayms69
Yep, its easy. Follow those three black wires to the connector. You need to pull the inboard side of the connector horizontally inboard to disengage. Push connector tab to allow the connector to release, tab is towards the frame.wiggle it loose

Guest rayms69
black and brown fittings, you see it inboard of the white connector with 3 black wires going to the black/brown fitting junction. its in the pic above

how do you get that white plug out that is just below the headlight? I have tried everything but I'm afraid I'm going to break it if I pull too hard. thanks

You dont need to take the white connector out... the grey one is just underneath it moves some stuff around it is very easy... My fat hands did it in 2 minutes.

Wow you did it without taking the white connector out? I've tried that as I was afraid of breaking the white one and jut couldn't get to it. Is there a trick to the white connector or do you just pull it back toward the battery? Thanks for the help as I don't want to mess it up as the car is only a week old.

Wow you did it without taking the white connector out? I've tried that as I was afraid of breaking the white one and jut couldn't get to it. Is there a trick to the white connector or do you just pull it back toward the battery? Thanks for the help as I don't want to mess it up as the car is only a week old.

There is a wire harness connected to the frame that is running down towards the grey connector I pulled that up out of its hole and was able to access the grey connector. I will take a photo tonight, brought my truck to work today

• 2 weeks later...
it takes 1 minute to do this - you don't have to disconnect the top connector. take a flat blade screwdriver and place it on the the little catch on the left hand half of the dark connector. in the picture it's the one where it says "press and pull back". depress it and slide out to the left. i couldn't do it with my fingers but it came right off with the screwdriver. Edited by jsmythe

^^^ Agreed. It took a min to disconnect the cable.

Shortly after below picture was taken, I got rid of the orange corner lights as well. No one has them besides cars in N. America.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e391/tgunal/Mobile%20Uploads/20141014_183209_zpskimhontt.jpg

I really wish Subaru made the C light LED lights brighter on the limited trim (for the 3.6 in my case) so they could be used as DRL only. Looks so much better!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Follow me on Instagram @CT2015Legacy

I really wish Subaru made the C light LED lights brighter on the limited trim (for the 3.6 in my case) so they could be used as DRL only. Looks so much better!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Follow me on Instagram @CT2015Legacy

I am with you. I have no I idea why they did not do this. I am hoping that someone will figure out a way the make the existing LEDs much much brighter.

• 1 month later...
the factory led module on the limited headlamp does appear replaceable separately from the whole headlamp. small access cap towards bottom of the headlamp. someone aftermarket would have to come out with a brighter led bulb/module to put in its place.

the factory led module on the limited headlamp does appear replaceable separately from the whole headlamp. small access cap towards bottom of the headlamp. someone aftermarket would have to come out with a brighter led bulb/module to put in its place.

It seem to be the LED driver, the LED placement is far away from the board. So it still need to seperate headlight to get to the LED.

16' Legacy Mods: 55w HID + XB35 5500k, LEDS upgrades, XB Type T Fog, 20mm SB.

Custom Footwell Illiminate Kit; http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/15-legacy-outback-footwell-illumination-kit-237567.html