LegacyGT.com

Should i do it or not ! Need your opinion (outback xt)

K so here it is ! I have until tommorow night to give a answer on this

Outback xt limited 2005 all black,manuel 180 000km on the body.

Things to do are one front fender as a dent,windshield is cracked and no summer tire.

The car is at subaru right now,the warranty is paying a shortblock and new turbo.

And for the other parts it come down to 4300$ and in that there's a new clutch.

To save up some money hes putting a used intercooler becose subaru is selling a new one for 533$.

And 363$ of exhaust cover,i said cancel that im just going to wrap the exhaust.

So all this for 8800$ and 1 year of warranty by subaru

So do i go for it ??

I agree with Subaru Junkie. I'd have the dealer give you an unbiased opinion on the shape of the car outside the fender and windshield. Honestly, I'm not an expert on prices in your area...but I wouldn't pay a large premium for the car just because of a warranty.

who is doing work? if subaru dealership with 1 year warranty from subie on all work done, probably worth it.

a manual wagon is hard to find. Mileage is about right (110k miles). 8800 out the door with everything fixed? You're going to have a hard time finding one that doesn't need work for that price.

Subaru is doing the work and is giving 1 year of warranty on the engine rebuilt.

I went to see 7 lgt and i made 4 or them go the inspection and each one was not passing the leak down test or the last one lachute performance told me ok thats a really strange noise and if i were you i would walk away lol

So thats why even if there some stuff to do on it its not that bad but i was wondering why do they allmost all have cracked windshield ???

Here its more like roads made of salt !! There's so many 2010 cars thats are already rusted becose owners dont care,like i rent this car for 4 year so why should i make it rust proof or put money on it.

Often the nice used cars are coming from your side (Usa)

over here 05/06 lgt wagon and outback xt are allways close to 10k or higher.If the are under its allways the same story,blowed turbo or ringland.

Well 1K savings or a new rebuild; I'd go for the new rebuild.

If all you have to pay is $8,800 for a new motor and clutched car with some rebuild maybe it's not so bad.

Do you have to agree before the car is fixed?

Archived