LegacyGT.com

RR Ecu Editor wont read definitions

shaneomac1602

i have spent the last hour and a half searching to no avail to my problem.

i currently have:

OP 2.0 cable

Rom Raider downloaded and installed

Ecu Flash downloaded and installed

rom saved to my laptop

i have logged my car several times, so i know my rom raider works.

PROBLEM: rear o2 sensor CEL (also trying to get this to work for future Infamous1 tune)

i keep trying to edit my ecu to make it "not care" about the rear o2 by disabling code (p0420). i open it with ecu flash, check the box. resave it under a different name, and then flash it to my ecu again. 20 mins of driving it comes back on. i read the ecu and the code is no longer disabled.

so i decided to try it on rr ecu editor. i open ecu editor, and i try opening the saved rom from my laptop (.hex file), and it doesnt open the file. instead i get a pop up that says, "ECU Definition Not Found."

i dont get it. i have all the latest definitions downloaded and loaded onto the program. im so confused why this isnt working.

i want to get an (Infamous1) tune, but have to wait until i get this working properly. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys

Never had that exact issue.

My RR editor does not save changes. I have to make changes in ECU Flash and save them. Then I can open them in RR and see the changes. Weird that my RR editor will not save changes. I have checked my user levels too.

All latest defs are downloaded. I read from ECU with ecuflash, and flash to ECU with ecuflash. Everything work except rr ECU editor. I tried reinstalling it, and the same thing happens. What all do you need for an Infamous1 tune? Do I even need ECU editor?

Nope. As long as you can read/write with ECU Flash, log with RR Logger and pull an LV you are good. Infamous does all the writing for you. You just flash, log, LV and repeat.

RR does wierd things on different machines and operating systems. It is free.

He is good. You can keep playing with RR and see if it starts working. Your problems have motivated me to figure out my own issues with saving modified files. I am tired of making changes in ECU Flash. On my netbook (that I use for logging and tuning) the tables are sooooooo small.

Archived