LegacyGT.com

Official 5th Generation Suspension Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am kinda new here with my 2014 Legacy 2.5i. While at work I saw on of the page that has the links to the sponsors for the Whiteline RSB, but couldn't find it now. Does anyone mind re-post the links or tell me which page the links were on? Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello,

I am kinda new here with my 2014 Legacy 2.5i. While at work I saw on of the page that has the links to the sponsors for the Whiteline RSB, but couldn't find it now. Does anyone mind re-post the links or tell me which page the links were on? Thank you.

Not sure what page you were on exactly and it has been about a month but click on the link "vendors" at the top or go to the vendor market place in the forums.

As a 2.5i daily driver, I'm debating between the Eibach pro springs and RCE Blacks. Both seem like good springs and are very similar but the Eibach springs has a softer ride and a "progressive" design. I know I can't go wrong with either but can anyone explain the performance advantages with the Eibach progressive design? Just looking for a good reason to pick one over the other.

I need an extra edge when going for a drive with my buddy's BRZ and Porsche 981 Boxter as the competition :lol:

My wife couldn't tell the difference between OEM suspension and the tarmac zero's.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Looking for some opinions on suspension.

I've been looking at the ISC coilover setup for the 5th Gen. My buddy has a set in his 4th Gen and I think they ride pretty well. I like the fact that you can readily buy replacement pieces incase something happens. Also so I've heard they have a rebuild facility in New Hampshire which is around my area. Might be at AJW Performance. How ISC's coilovers vs. others in the same price range.

I've looked into koni's also but to get the amount of drop I want I'd have to use wrx struts and have the rear machined to equal the amount of extra drop. I currently run teins and in my opinion could be lower. So that would bring me 1/2" lower than now. Only thing that these don't have would be the top hats with camber adjustment.

I've looked a little while for adjustable top hats for the 5th Gen and didn't come up with anything. Though I didn't look that hard.

Looking for some opinions and personal experiences to help me figure this out. Thanks.

02-07 top hats will fit. i would look at fortune auto or tarmac zeros for that price. i will say that i have little to no experience with ISC. i will say get swift springs and don't even mount the stock springs on any entry coilover.

Maybe research on how these hold up in NE climate over time. For example, the Piston rod is steel rather than stainless. Rebuild facility is close by in NH - definitely a plus.

Looking for some opinions on suspension.

I've been looking at the ISC coilover setup for the 5th Gen. My buddy has a set in his 4th Gen and I think they ride pretty well. I like the fact that you can readily buy replacement pieces incase something happens. Also so I've heard they have a rebuild facility in New Hampshire which is around my area. Might be at AJW Performance. How ISC's coilovers vs. others in the same price range.

I've looked into koni's also but to get the amount of drop I want I'd have to use wrx struts and have the rear machined to equal the amount of extra drop. I currently run teins and in my opinion could be lower. So that would bring me 1/2" lower than now. Only thing that these don't have would be the top hats with camber adjustment.

I've looked a little while for adjustable top hats for the 5th Gen and didn't come up with anything. Though I didn't look that hard.

Looking for some opinions and personal experiences to help me figure this out. Thanks.

Maybe research on how these hold up in NE climate over time. For example, the Piston rod is steel rather than stainless. Rebuild facility is close by in NH - definitely a plus.

Yah my buddy has had his for like 4 years now. Close to 70k on them. Seem to hold up pretty well. Sure he has replaced parts here and there but nothing overly expensive. At this point now they make some noises but that's a lot of use. Im sure he could rebuild them though.

@Gravity

Tarmacs are nice but almost double price of isc setup. Im not gonna track this thing or anything so its hard for me to justify the price. Good to know about the 02-07 top hats too thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Yah my buddy has had his for like 4 years now. Close to 70k on them. Seem to hold up pretty well. Sure he has replaced parts here and there but nothing overly expensive. At this point now they make some noises but that's a lot of use. Im sure he could rebuild them though.

@Gravity

Tarmacs are nice but almost double price of isc setup. Im not gonna track this thing or anything so its hard for me to justify the price. Good to know about the 02-07 top hats too thanks.

it's not about tracking the car. I wouldn't track anything equiped with Tarmac Zeros because they are not track suspension. Heck I'm hessitant to track my 4150s but I'll autox on them all day. It's about having good enough valving to handle daily driving. Most entry coilovers have so many unneeded features that you pay for which takes away from the valving (32 way adjustability, camber plates, etc.) I would seriously take a look at some tarmac zeros for daily driving. Their valving will be able to control the road imperfections and spring rates much better and result in a more comfortable ride with less body roll in the corners. Now, if your roads are super smooth and well maintained, ISCs would probably be good. Remember, a balance of valving and travel is key to a well performing, comfortable suspension.

The HVT camber plates are supposed to be the hottness right now. they retain the stock mounting height of the struts, thus increasing available travel and making the suspension perform much better.

Does anyone know if the RSB on the '14 is the same as on the '10-'12's. I've been looking for a Whiteline 22mm RSB but all of the sites say that it won't fit a '14.

I'm sure it is. I highly doubt Subaru would change the rear suspension design mid model year. The vendor websites are probably not all updated yet.