LegacyGT.com

Average age of 05' and up LGT owners

When ever I see a new LGT everyone driving them is like 30 and up. any young LGT owners with the new body style. I feel like the average owner is older than me is this true. Well I'm 23 so maybe I'm looking at this wrong but just wondering. Not making fun of you guys you have some years on me but just curious.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's me. I'll be 30 on April 1. I think the reason you see older guys driving it is because A) the insurance would bring a single man under 25 who is not on his parent's insurance to his knees and B) It isn't a cheap car. A lot of guys your age are still going to school to get a job that will afford a car in this price range. Another reason is that guys your age are usually more into the bling of the WRX and the STI. Luxury like this is for old guys who want to go fast but want to show off to the boss and clients at the same time. Those are just my thoughts though.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Thanks, I do feel the price is a little steep for me consisting I am still a student. But insurance is high but getting cheap because I have no tickets in the past 3 years and paying for everything besides school is a little hard.

That's me. I'll be 30 on April 1. I think the reason you see older guys driving it is because A) the insurance would bring a single man under 25 who is not on his parent's insurance to his knees and B) It isn't a cheap car. A lot of guys your age are still going to school to get a job that will afford a car in this price range. Another reason is that guys your age are usually more into the bling of the WRX and the STI. Luxury like this is for old guys who want to go fast but want to show off to the boss and clients at the same time. Those are just my thoughts though.

Hmm I'm a weirdo I guess. I valued the larger, more sensible and comfortable environment of the LGT over the racy image of the WRX or STI which honestly I have no desire of owning solely for that reason. I don't really care to be flashy with my car, I also don't care to try to show off mad crazy boostin driving skills racing from stop light to stop light. I see a lot of other college aged drivers doing that in their SRT4s and WRX/STIs.

I could enjoy an STI for the weekend, but it wouldn't be my daily driver.

It's all based on your expenses. No way I could support my family on 30K a year and drive a car like this. However, if I were single and only had the car to pay for and rent then I could easily do it on 30K.

The insurance would still suck no matter how good your driving record is. I don't know what my rate is specifically on the LGT, but on that and my 99 Accord I pay $160 a month for my wife and I. I was paying $180 a month with no accidents and a 10 year ticket free driving history on my Mustang before I got married. Single males get raped for insurance. That would have kept me out of the LGT before I got married for sure. Just out of curiosity... what are you young single guys paying for insurance? I only want to know if you are on your own policy. If you are still on your parent's policy then that doesn't count.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I'm 16 and its my first car.

Could have gotten used cars, but parents have a thing against them because they bought so many ones and ended up paying more to fix them them buy a new one (this was years ago).

I love the Legacy, though being the "punk teenager" i would have much rather perfered the STi or WRX. Though, I think about it more, the LGT is much better in the long run when I go to college or what not.

Not to mention its a sleeper.

I'm 21. I bought the LGT for a couple reasons, power, luxury, reliability, and last, but not least, tamed styling. This car isn't going to catch a cops eye like a Camaro or an RX-8, or one of those fugly H3's. Its definately restricting my budget, but if it lives up to its name, it's worth it.

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

yes I do agree with the WRX-STI value on speed and what not but I wanted leather, and also I see older people driving a LGT, so I wanted a car that more older people would drive, the looks of prestige over speed convinced me to buy a LGT but a 01'. but I love my car even though it doesn't have a turbo, safety, reliability, and AWD was the key to my purchase

bought the car when i was 24. Got great financing, am an software engineer fresh outta college. Make a fair amount, but not tons.

Buying this car was one of the worst financial decision of my life. Being single with no kids helps out quite a bit, but I still have to budget a little less for other toys at the moment.

But, I forget about the financial issues every time I take it to the track or auto-x :D

Emorphien Why is that funny. Hoboken to be exact. The normal coverage don't know specifics.

Well I was curious about your coverage because I grew up in NJ and knew other people who didn't have cars as nice as a LGT your age with clean records paying more. But perhaps people don't get sued as much over minor accidents in hoboken.

I was 24 (just turned) when I bought my LGT, I actually had a Ford Ranger (to tow my boat before) and my insurance went down???? This was in WI. I moved back to IL on my 25th causing a wash on the discount of older age and the idoits that drive here....I mean the other great citizens of IL. When I bought it, I was in a battle between the altima, maxima and LGT. The awd, turbo brought me back to much loved and missed GSX, plus Dave at Chilson in Eau Claire is one hell of a salesman.

Archived