Car PC

f1anatic

Car PC Survey  

258 members have voted

1. 1. Car PC Survey

• I have a Car PC and I love it
    • I want a Car PC but I lack the know-how or the money for it
    • I gave up on Car PC: too much time/money/effort
    • Interesting concept but I chose a brand name aftermarket infotainment unit
    • A windshield mount GPS navi and an I-POd will serve me just as fine
    • FTMW: This thread delivers !

Yea.. thats what mine was for really.. but now I have an iphone.. so.. as soon as they get turn by turn on that thing.. I wont need a carputer.

dude dont buy metallica.. they brought down napster and started the whole riaa lawsuit mess. I havent bought anything from them since reload.

I dont really LIKE anything they've made since reload for that matter.

I agree with you my entire music library is about 5gb and shrinking.. I get so sick of some songs that I delete them and I dont really add new ones. CDs are too expensive and I dont buy mp3s.. DRM can go F itself.

I sold my 30gb ipod on ebay.Now I have an 8GB iphone and its fine.

Edited by darkfox1
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You shouldn't have to defrag the carpc very often, as data isn't really being moved around a lot. Unless you're constantly transferring files and deleting them, I doubt you'd have to do it at all.
If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

dude dont buy metallica.. they brought down napster and started the whole riaa lawsuit mess. I havent bought anything from them since reload.

I dont really LIKE anything they've made since reload for that matter.

load/reload was ok. st. anger..... yeah.

some guy made a video of one of the St Anger songs, using a 5 gallon bucket for the drums... and you couldn't tell the difference lol.

Death magnetic is good though. but i agree, old metallica is better.

I never used napster, never bought a song from itunes either...

not saying i don't have any non legal music, i think i may have maybe 10 or so songs total.... like i said, i just don't listen to muic much. and i pretty much quit before the whole file sharing crap started.

I agree what they did was wrong, but i think they were just the biggest band to join in the Riaa crap.

Legally they (all bands) are right about the theft, but how RIAA has all the power now... just wrong. they went about the whole lawsuit wrong.

/off topic.

when i am completly done with the CarPC setup, the last thing i'll do is defrag the SSD before the full install. i'll probably check the USB/SD card from time to time. but i doubt a new defrag will ever be needed.

OMG :eek::eek::eek: Oh noes! they brought down Napster!!!! :spin:

Yeh, go ahead and boycott a copyright holder for defending their right to not have their music pirated...

I never liked Metallica anyway.. but still.

If it wasn't for the Napster lawsuits we probably wouldn't have as many options to LEGALLY acquire music. Granted the process has been slow and the RIAA has really helped to stifle growth in the sector, however not all of us WANT to steal the music.

Not to mention all the viruses and poorly ripped music you end up with downloading from file sharing services. I STILL come across music that has been ripped poorly or songs that are incomplete from my Napster downloading days.

right.. whatever..

Actually I boycott all new music sales. I have not bought NEW music since metallica's ridiculous behavior. I dont plan to start.

Anything I do buy is generally not on the RIAA license and is USED on amazon or ebay.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

load/reload was ok. st. anger..... yeah.

some guy made a video of one of the St Anger songs, using a 5 gallon bucket for the drums... and you couldn't tell the difference lol.

Death magnetic is good though. but i agree, old metallica is better.

I never used napster, never bought a song from itunes either...

not saying i don't have any non legal music, i think i may have maybe 10 or so songs total.... like i said, i just don't listen to muic much. and i pretty much quit before the whole file sharing crap started.

I agree what they did was wrong, but i think they were just the biggest band to join in the Riaa crap.

Legally they (all bands) are right about the theft, but how RIAA has all the power now... just wrong. they went about the whole lawsuit wrong.

/off topic.

Lol! This is why I sign Metallica CDs out from my local library...nothing they can do about it! ;) Suck it, Lars!:lol:

When Chuck Norris was born, the only person who cried was the doctor. Never slap Chuck Norris. - E.J.S.

oh yea,you can do that with DVDs too. I have a friend that used to do *cough* something like that.

of course no one here would ever advocate stealing music software or movies. We are all responsible law abiding individuals. :D

I have no problem with buying used from amazon. Some older titles I can get a whole "like new" condition CD with jewel case for like $3 shipped. Thats a far cry better than $16 new.

I have no problem with buying used from amazon. Some older titles I can get a whole "like new" condition CD with jewel case for like $3 shipped.

I never even thought of buying Used CD's from amazon... I have been looking for a Certain CD for YEARS... went to Amazon after reading this and found it. Just over $3 shipped.... :cool:

Not only can i not ever find the CD, Not even any site sells the songs... Even searched one of the torrent searching sites... nothing. 2 minutes on Amazon and it's on the way. :lol:

:D

yea I actually found out about this by using pandora's "buy Cd amazon" option. It loads the CDs it plays for me in a link and it has listings like "$34 new or as low as $4 used."

that kind of thing makes my ears perk up. :lol:

Here's mine! I made this quick video for another forum that had no idea what Centrafuse was, so if you want to, skip to the 2-minute mark to see how I made the screen fold into the dash.

Sorry for the uber-nerdiness of the video and the constant "uhhhs." I kind of did it on the fly without really planning anything.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlV6VyBW05c]YouTube - Carputer Setup[/ame]

Finally got my power harness mostly finished today.

I bought the connector that mates with the OP connector under the dash (provides +12v always on, ACC switched, GND, etc..).

Sounds useful... What's an OP?

And where is the connector located?

And what's the part number for that connector?

Thanks!

Finally got my power harness mostly finished today.

I bought the connector that mates with the OP connector under the dash (provides +12v always on, ACC switched, GND, etc..). The two switches you see will fit into a small plastic encosure velcro'd onto the side of the center console between the cupholders and the passenger seat. The small pushbutton switch will turn on and off the LCD and the rocker switch will allow the computer to boot up and shut down with the ignition switch or turn it off completely for short trips or whenever I don't want it on...

Ohh I'm so jealous :spin:

Pics of OP connector?

I'll see what I can do, it's way up under the dash - at first I thought it really was a myth but I kept looking and found it:D

Thanks, I wish the 08's had it. That would have come in PERFECTLY for my install :(