LegacyGT.com

drive without front sway?

GTennisrls

I had a little difficulty over the weekend with getting the right side bolt that attaches the endlink to the subframe. so I ended up cutting if off since I have new endlinks. the only problem is I still cant get the bolt out of the hole. need to take it in tomorrow but was wondering if it would be ok to drive lightely on it until I can get the bolt out and the new one in.

Thanks.

I have the same kinda question regarding driving without a FSB.

I have a cobb rsb and fsb. The FSB is noisey as heck, how would the car drive if I took off the cobb fsb and ran no sway in the front?

A little more body roll, but not a problem. Just make sure that the endlinks are out of the way and won't catch or bind on anything while driving. When setting up coilovers I run w/o sways F&R until the corner weighting & alignment are done.
Kyle "BlackHole"

I have a cobb rsb and fsb. The FSB is noisey as heck, how would the car drive if I took off the cobb fsb and ran no sway in the front?

With just an RSB I would think you would be more prone to oversteer. However, without the front sway to reduce body roll, you might lose traction up front due to camber loss during cornering. So it's tough to say whether or not it would greatly increase the chance of oversteer... You'd probably be okay as long as you don't throw it into the turns.

Completely different question. OP is asking about a temporary situation due to a frozen bolt. You seem to be indicating you want this to be the solution to your noise issue.

IMO, an aftermarket rear sway and no front bar is not safe.

ignore him, he'll go away.

no FSB is ok. generally, in a racing setting, people who run no fsb have stiff springs to make up for it. On the street is ok too. you will have a pretty comfy ris but at the limits the cars nose will fell dlike is dives or rolls too much and you will have a crappy steering response and turn-in. Its should be no problem to just drive on it for a day. just dont push the car becuase i may not respond like you are used to, so be careful.

Did you get enough grease on it? Is everything tourqed correctly? You may want to start another thread so people can help you with your specific problem. I get a clunk every few weeks, but it's nothing too bad. If I remember correctly you are running coilovers so I don't know if that would have something to do with it.

Did you get enough grease on it? Is everything tourqed correctly? You may want to start another thread so people can help you with your specific problem. I get a clunk every few weeks, but it's nothing too bad. If I remember correctly you are running coilovers so I don't know if that would have something to do with it.

Coilovers are not on yet. But yeah I will start another thread.

sorry for thread jack*

Archived