LegacyGT.com

Suspension questions/recommendations thoughts about compatibility

05outbakct

Hi guys, long time lurker, I've spent the last few months

reading/researching/more reading/a bit of frustration lol... Anyways I guess ill lay out my goals and list the parts from my understanding that would be needed/required and if I could get feedback/correction where I'm wrong that would be great.

First off i have an 05 outback xt limited completly stock, I bought it from a little old lady with just over 80k on it and a Manila folder an inch thick of every regular maintenance receipt ever done to the car, all done at the same subaru dealer she bought the car from.

So my goals are about a 1/2-1" lower than lgt height, from what I've read i'd like to use either the bc br coilovers lgt specific, or the isc coilovers, but haven't found much info on the isc...

So moving forward with assuming I'm using the bc br lgt specific kit, I would like to run a 225/40/18 on a 8" 45 mm offset rim (maybe an 8.5 if possible?). Would either the whiteline or Megan racing rear control arm kit be required to get correct camber with this setup. Also in order to achieve ideal stance would wheel spacers and rolling/pulling of the fenders be required, and what is involved with the wheel spacers and what are the down side to them...

Next on the list would be the whiteline 22f/20r heavy duty blade adjustable sway bars along with whiteline front and rear sway bar link assembly's. Followed by possibly the whiteline front tower brace or possible another brand not sure yet. All of those items followed by lastly but definitely not least by a cusco 684492 fm power brace and the 684492 rs power brace. Am I on track with a decent suspension setup?

A good strut + spring setup will give you a better ride with no maintenance versus coilovers. For that ride height, you may want to get a set of factory LGT springs and a set of Koni yellow struts.

You don't need any strut tower bracing in these cars. The strut towers are connected via the firewall of the car.

Swaybars are a great purchase and will make a significant difference in the handling of the car. I run 22mm F and 20mm R Whitelines on the less stiff of the two settings. They are great. I have Kartboy endlinks.

You can probably stop with those three suspension mods (strut+spring, swaybars, endlinks) and be exceptionally happy with the setup.

Did you by chance read the many threads that discuss BC/ISC/fortune/megan/sameoldcrap coilovers and why they are simply not worth spending your money on? It's your car, but if you're actually going to be driving it, get a good spring/strut combo, or save up a little longer and get quality coilovers.

Yes I have read quite a lot about BC/ISC/fortune/megan/sameoldcrap haven't really came to a conclusion on what to make of all of it... But if I was interested in a strut/spring setup what are the options out there and what is needed for it to all work correctly?

As my esteemed colleagues above noted, cheap coilovers are worse than a good strut spring combination.

We've installed many sets of Konis + Springs on OBXTs over the years.

You'll need Konis + Epic, H&R, STi Pink, RCE Springs and front strut bodies from an 05-09 legacy (non outback) and at the milage you are at you'll want to get front LCA Bushings and probably front strut tops as well.

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/153798190.jpg

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Still need LGT front KYB Style cores to put them in.

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/153798190.jpg

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Would you be able to point me in the right direction as far as exactly what I would need to order up a set of konis,shocks,lca bearings, and top hats along with what else would be needed to accomplish the swap? And what am I looking at for a drop will the rims and tires all clear still? Given the specs I'll be sitting around an inch and a half below lgt hight correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/nj-brand-new-oem-depo-headlights-and-used-stock-suspension-227880.html?t=227880

Basically, you will need a set of LGT struts and then replacement hardware that goes along with them. OEM tophats are great. No need for aftermarket here. The rear tophats can be had from Tire Rack (BUT NOT THE FRONTS). You will also need a 3/8" "saggy butt" spacer for the rear if using sedan springs.

All of this information is found in the suspension thread.

Yesterday I picked up a set of new genuine Subaru lgt struts brand new front and rear with net top hats front and rear and all net sway bushings off a guy in craigslist... Will the lgt top hats work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived