LegacyGT.com

2011 Outback Questions

vr4Legacy

I'm going in in the next few days to order my wife's new Outback. I have a couple questions that may help me save a few dollars. Here is what I MUST have.

2011 Outback

Sunroof

AWP

XM

Hitch

CVT :mad:

To acheive that I will be ordering a 2.5i Premium with the Sunroof and AWP combo.

Does the car come with the XM antenna preinstalled? I know it is now part of the roof antenna. If it is not preinstalled, how difficult would it be for me to switch the antennas out? In the end would I really save anything buying the XM unit seperate and doing the install myself? I know I am capable, but for $100 in savings, I'm not sure it's worth it, $500... maybe?

Hitch - is the OEM hitch worth it? Any aftermarket suggestions (or any to stay away from) again another installation I am 100% comfortable doing, but if the savings are minimal, I may just have them put it on.

Thanks for the info!!

Honestly with the hitch, I don't care about the receiver size, as I'll only be towing my small trailer, so I can get a ball to match. I may possibly get a bike carrier at some point, but again I can make sure I get an appropriate size.

Good point on the warranty though.

Archived